PDA

View Full Version : P-Executable

Memphis
26-08-2008, 12:07 PM
this aint exactly game related, however, does anyone have any samples/ or can help on outputting a `PE` .. 'portable executable', such as the PE Header etc.... but doing this from code via delphi/pascal.

VilleK
26-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Colin Wilson has written code that lets you read pe-files into memory, modify/add resources and write them back to disk. I'm not sure if it lets you create a pe-file from scratch though.

http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d9resourceutils.htm

Memphis
26-08-2008, 02:03 PM
hi thanks, i will take a look, i have so far outputted a simple pe file, but i am limited to size, as it gets bigger, it seems to cause problems to windows, however i can get around 4kb output files. but nothing more then this.....

JernejL
26-08-2008, 04:21 PM
INNO PASCAL does it.

JSoftware
26-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Have you followed the PE Coff specification?

Memphis
26-08-2008, 06:53 PM
INNO PASCAL does it.

what is this? and what does what ?

i did, but i am going todo it again

JernejL
26-08-2008, 10:24 PM
INNO PASCAL does it.

google it, FFS!

Memphis
27-08-2008, 06:01 AM
INNO PASCAL does it.

google it, FFS!

forum = asking for help, if i wanted to google for info, i would of done it and not bother post on forum at all, if more people 'googled' for info, most forums would probably be rendered useless, so why not stfu if you're going to be useless ? or just dont reply to me if you're just going to be an ass or whatever.

mods. excuse my response, but i just can't stand thse 'google it' people.

JernejL
27-08-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm not the kind of person who pushes solutions up your ass when you ask for them, i just point at their direction and i only do that if i think it is what you asked for. But if you want to take it, do it yourself.

Memphis
28-08-2008, 02:36 PM
well i've solved my problem, the manual i had found.... (on google) was incorrect, all is fine now...

http://www.tuts4you.com/download.php?view.235

a cool place for some info if anyone is interested.

;MM;