Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > The Lazarus team is glad to announce the 0.9.26 release. This release
> > is based on fpc 2.2.2.
> >
> > This release can be downloaded from the sourceforge download page:
> > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89339
> >
> > Highlights / Major changes:
> > - The LCL now uses Unicode strings UTF-8 encoded on all platforms.
> > There are docs, tools and functions to help converting old code.
> > - The LCL internal graphic system was rewritten for more consistency,
> > more flexibility, better Delphi compatibility, icon support, native
> > image lists.
> > - Lazarus now runs native under Mac OS X using the 'carbon' widgetset.
> > - The IDE designer now allows to connect form components, like
> > databases on TDataModule.
> >
> > This time there were more than 3900 improvements and bug fixes in 11 months. For comparison: 0.9.24 was about half the changes in 8 months.
> >
> > The list of changes can be found here:
> > http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_0.9.26_release_notes
> >
> > And several thousand fixes and minor improvements.
> >
> > Mattias
> > _______________________________________________
> > Lazarus mailing list
> > Lazarus@lazarus.freepascal.org
> > http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus

I use the nightly build 0.9.26-1 nightly buid with vampyre :twisted: and all work well, long life to Lazarus ! :D

czar
15-10-2008, 09:04 AM
That looks great. Just installed the MacOS version. Looks fantastic.

Having a play around right now.

farcodev_
15-10-2008, 04:46 PM
ya it's really superb, even with the nightly build (and i think the cvs version too :)), great team and piece of software

arthurprs
15-10-2008, 07:26 PM
i will try it soon :)

czar
15-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Why are the lazarus websites so hard to connect to? They seem to be down more often that they are up.

Any one using the andorra 2d game engine? It looks like it might be the way to go in order to make games that will work on MacOS. I will try it tonight when I get home.

farcodev_
15-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Why are the lazarus websites so hard to connect to? They seem to be down more often that they are up.

Yeah, you need to wait about 15/20 sec for see the lazarus homepage, it's like that since a while.

But the team is more active than the website haha, the lazarus wiki pages are good too ;)

Any one using the andorra 2d game engine? It looks like it might be the way to go in order to make games that will work on MacOS. I will try it tonight when I get home.

Not me, only vampyre, but yup it seems cool 8)

czar
15-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Hmmm, looks like vampyre doesn't work on MacOS.

Apart from Andorra are there any other 2d libraries that will work on only on windows but also MacOS?

farcodev_
16-10-2008, 02:35 AM
i know one but sadly it only manage svg data: Anti-Grain Geometry library

http://aggpas.org/

apart that i know nothing else sorry :?

edit: here the wiki of lazarus w/ gfx w/ some libs, if it can help:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Developing_with_Graphics

cairnswm
16-10-2008, 05:16 AM
JEDI-SDL works on MacOS, Win, Linux and handheld consoles as far as I know.

savage
16-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Huge Congratulations to the whole Lazarus Team! I've been using the Mac OS X build for nearly a year now and it has come a long way and is quite stable now. Still a few more features to add the the LCL, but then when are we developers ever happy :).

The Game Maker port to Mac OS uses Lazarus exclusively now and the engine compiles and runs on Win32 and Mac OS X and should compile and run on Linux without any further changes ( well it did 4 months ago ). The only thing left to add is Big Endian support, so that it works on PowerPC, Arm machines.

pstudio
16-10-2008, 01:50 PM
The Game Maker port to Mac OS uses Lazarus exclusively now and the engine compiles and runs on Win32 and Mac OS X and should compile and run on Linux without any further changes ( well it did 4 months ago ). The only thing left to add is Big Endian support, so that it works on PowerPC, Arm machines.
I thought that Game Maker were being rewritten in c++. Why port Pascal code, if you're gonna use c++ in the near future?

czar
16-10-2008, 08:29 PM
What is the "game maker port" - I have googled but Game Maker 7 is the only thing that came up and I am not sure that that is what you are referring to.

I think I may look into SDL for MacOS as that would appear to be a good way to make a cross platform program.

chronozphere
17-10-2008, 08:20 AM
I thought that Game Maker were being rewritten in c++. Why port Pascal code, if you're gonna use c++ in the near future?

Huh?? Where did you read that? :?

IMHO, there is absolutely no need to do this. Pascal should work fine.

pstudio
17-10-2008, 12:59 PM
http://glog.yoyogames.com/?p=157

So apparently they're working both on porting the Pascal code and rewriting the runner in c++.

savage
17-10-2008, 03:32 PM

GameMaker is actually made up of 2 parts. The IDE and the Runner ( GameEngine ). The IDE allows you to create/design the games, the Runner actually executes it all ( renders etc ).

Now, there is a port that is written in C++ and I believe is the one being used for Browser play feature on the YoYoGames.com site. I actually helped the developer get the job for that port. The C++ version still uses DirectX/3D.

My job is to port the IDE and Runner to Mac OS X. I've been doing it part time now for nearly a year and it is nearly all done. It uses JEDI-SDL, and OpenGL for both 2D and 3D games. SDL for Window Handling, SDL_Mixer for ingame music and sound effects. As it was originally written in Delphi, Lazarus is the ideal tool to port to Mac OS X and Linux.
The aforementioned C++ dude is actually helping me finish of the last bits of the Mac OS port.

I'm even hoping I can get the Runner compiled and running on Nintendo DS, but that will be after they sign off on the Mac OS port and if they are interested. Also, once work is finished on the iPhone port of FreePascal, I imagine they'll probably want it to work on there as well.

savage
17-10-2008, 03:34 PM
What is the "game maker port" - I have googled but Game Maker 7 is the only thing that came up and I am not sure that that is what you are referring to.

Yes Game Maker 7.

pstudio
17-10-2008, 10:15 PM

GameMaker is actually made up of 2 parts. The IDE and the Runner ( GameEngine ). The IDE allows you to create/design the games, the Runner actually executes it all ( renders etc ).

Now, there is a port that is written in C++ and I believe is the one being used for Browser play feature on the YoYoGames.com site. I actually helped the developer get the job for that port. The C++ version still uses DirectX/3D.

My job is to port the IDE and Runner to Mac OS X. I've been doing it part time now for nearly a year and it is nearly all done. It uses JEDI-SDL, and OpenGL for both 2D and 3D games. SDL for Window Handling, SDL_Mixer for ingame music and sound effects. As it was originally written in Delphi, Lazarus is the ideal tool to port to Mac OS X and Linux.
The aforementioned C++ dude is actually helping me finish of the last bits of the Mac OS port.

I'm even hoping I can get the Runner compiled and running on Nintendo DS, but that will be after they sign off on the Mac OS port and if they are interested. Also, once work is finished on the iPhone port of FreePascal, I imagine they'll probably want it to work on there as well.
Ok that explains a lot. I thought they were making the c++ version because they thought that it would make it easier to port it to other platforms, but it's just the runner.

Just because I'm currious, if I remember correctly GameMaker's 3D functions are closedly linked with D3D functions. Hasn't that made it harder to port the 3D functions to OGL?