PDA

View Full Version : Textures like GTA2

Nils
02-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Hi,

does anybody know textures like the GTA2-graphics or how to create graphics like them ? It should not be a photo of a street or something like this, it should look computer-generated, but with a high resolution to get a good quality.

JernejL
03-01-2009, 02:57 AM
I'm working on a gta2-like game, i get textures by running around city with a camera, even ground ones.

Nils
03-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi, that's great, but when you make Textures in this way, aren't they TOO realistic ? When you play a game with graphics out of the reality it looks mostly very bad. I also thought yesterday of making cars with a help of toy-cars. If this works it would be very cool, because textures would be no problem anymore. --> The idea is great, I will try it.

Chesso
03-01-2009, 11:49 AM
I cannot say for sure myself, but I would presume if making it look too real was not ideal, then the images would just give a good start, I mean we do have Photoshop and the likes these days.

Many effects and filters can be applied to imagery to alter it's appeal among other things. But if you have some real looking textures to begin with, well it's a heck of a lot easier than pixel arting it from scratch eh?

noeska
03-01-2009, 02:43 PM
You want to achieve a comic-book like style?

Maybe you can handdraw the textures in paintshopro/paint/photoshop and use those?

JernejL
03-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi, that's great, but when you make Textures in this way, aren't they TOO realistic ? When you play a game with graphics out of the reality it looks mostly very bad. I also thought yesterday of making cars with a help of toy-cars. If this works it would be very cool, because textures would be no problem anymore. --> The idea is great, I will try it.

If you want top down cars.. look in azz.gouranga.com gta1 cars section.

if you want textures, use real textures and apply some unrealism filters thru it (DCE's autoenchance filter work good for this task)

Nils
08-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Thank you!