PDA

View Full Version : A lot of dead links out there!

WILL
06-02-2009, 05:23 AM
Hey guys, I haven't really been with the scene in quite some time. Over a year in fact. Well I decided to do a quick look around to see how everyone was doing, game libraries, developer sites, etc... I was shocked to see that a great many of them are either reset domain pages or dead links or just not updated in years. :shock:

What happened? Where is everyone?

Where are you?
:arrow: William Cairns
:arrow: Delphi3D.net (Tom Nugyens)
:arrow: Sulaco (McClaw)
:arrow: Sascha Willems (saschawillems.blogspot.com)
:arrow: {MSX} (msx80.blogspot.com and msx.rules.it)
:arrow: Clootie (clootie.ru)
:arrow: Dean Ellis & Jason Farmer (cerebral-bicycle.co.uk)
:arrow: Michael Pote (nitrogen.za.org) ---> Ok not so much him, but I haven't seen him around here for ages!
:arrow: FNX (fnxgames.com)
:arrow: C5 Technology (c5software.co.uk)

There are others that don't have group or personal websites, but off hand these are the ones that I noticed missing from the community for a long time now...

cairnswm
06-02-2009, 06:00 AM
Started my own Video production cpany about 15 months ago - means I have no spare time for Game Dev :(

chronozphere
06-02-2009, 04:01 PM
http://www.saschawillems.de/ :)

Websites like cerebral-bicycle.co.uk and nitrogen.za.org are also still online. They may not be up-to-date though. :?

NecroDOME
23-02-2009, 08:09 PM
My site was offline a lot of times lately, but I have a new one now: www.necrosoft.nl

jdarling
23-02-2009, 11:25 PM
My site was offline a lot of times lately, but I have a new one now: www.necrosoft.nl

If it wasn't for the dark gray on black I'd love your new site design. In fact I still love it, just can't read parts of it. Really gotta remember to keep those color blind people in mind when you design a site Necro, after all we are 1/4-1/3 of the people out there (depending on who you talk to) :)

noeska
24-02-2009, 06:37 PM
What colors-combinations are save to use for a color blind person to be able to read? Is it about contrast? I believe i once heard red and green are also equal?

Traveler
24-02-2009, 09:00 PM
I good question, with a not so easy answer as there are quite a few different types of color blindness. See here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorblind) for more info, examples and even links to tests.

jdarling
24-02-2009, 09:30 PM
The problem is that there are WAY too many types of color blindness's to give you a basic list. I tell my creative people that if they can print it on a crappy black and white printer and still read it from about 3 feet away they are prolly safe. This gets 99% of the combinations that are difficult to read. The other 1% you can't duplicate, you simply have to learn them.

As an example, I'm hue sensitive. So colors in the same hue near one another (doesn't matter what color it is) will all blend together. If one color is minimal then I don't see it at all.

NecroDOME
26-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Yeah well, the new "design" is just some theme someone made for wordpress, nothing fancy. My old site was done all by myself :). So I still have to make a new design for my new site. Somehow I think I'm gonna lose the black/with and have some more color in it.