PDA

View Full Version : led lamps (energy efficient ?)

noeska
29-03-2009, 09:49 AM
On a side note in the netherland new led lamps were introduced claming to use al lot less energy then an ennergy effecient lamp (spaarlamp) but after a test they took the same amount of watts due to a power conversion needed :-(

Can led lamp use efficien power conversion to operate or is an energy efficient led lamp an fable...

marmin
12-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Where is that report? The report i read is that the wattage is nearly correct. The main problem is the light itself, it's too weak in comp. what is displayed on the package.
I have several LED lights, I like the way they shine. They don't flicker and it's not too bright. I hate those energy efficient lamps. They are horrible.

And, frankly, if a lamp uses 2 or 6 watt I don't give a shit. :)

noeska
13-04-2009, 08:23 PM
It read it in a newspaper article. The quoted report cannot be found however. But in follow up articles it bacame clear that 2 factories dont agree with each other blaming each other bad quality :-)

marmin
14-04-2009, 11:41 AM
The report is here:
http://www.vsl.nl/files/VSL_meetrapport_OpgeLED_minder_opbrengst_dan_verwa cht_31_maart_2009.pdf
It's typically Dutch, to complain about everything.
If you look at the wattage it's but a minor difference. Some even use Less watts.