PDA

View Full Version : Lazarus and Phoenix 2D engine

FreeMind
29-03-2009, 12:54 PM
So, im a begginer in Pascal.
Since now, i've only worked with free pascal and made simple one script applications.

Now i would like to learn more about pascal and i want to do something bigger.
Ive downloaded Phoenix to see what can i do with it. Ive noticed that it's deffinately not a one script engine. And I have no idea how to run it for using. One thing i figured, i need a better IDE then the free pascal. Ive been working with c++ since then, so as far as i understand, i need to manage project files. So ive downloaded Lazarus.

I can't figure out how to get started with this. Could someone give me a step by step guide on how to set up Pheonix (or any engine for that matter) in lazarus? Cause now, it gives me such errors, that it can't find "phxEvents" etc.

Thank you very much.

Edit: Ok. Ive downloaded adorra 2D. I can't even find a single project file in the engines folder! So i guess i need to make one out of a demos .pas file... Ok, but it doesn't compile, cause it doesn't find "AdDraws"

Wizard
30-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Well I don't use Lazarus, my IDE of choice is Delphi. In Delphi you have to add component or install the package before you can use 3rd party add-ons. Anyway, try to read the install guide and / or other documents. Hope this helped a bit, good luck ;)

Andreaz
31-03-2009, 05:21 AM
If you have downloaded the stable release of Phoenix from the homepage the demos should work out of the box in Lazarus.

What needs to be done is mainly to set up the search paths in the project->compiler options.

Howerver, if you plan to stick on windows i'd suggest trying out the free version of Turbo Delphi for win 32. It has alot better refactoring support, and design time features then lazarus (sadly). And it is easier to setup the projects.