PDA

View Full Version : Test your friends' patience

pjpdev
12-04-2009, 09:20 PM
This is a little thing I done a while ago to pull a fast one on a friend of mine.

The basic idea is to develop a game where the player's goal is to catch something with the mouse by clicking on it. Now heres the trick to the story... Once the player has the mouse over the sprite, it changes position... making it virtually impossible to catch. However if you do this, make sure there is a way to quit the game.

Like a said, I made this little gift for a friend of mine and man oh man was she pissed  :D

What I used to make it:
- Delphi 6
- JEDI-SDL for graphics and interface
- BASS for the music...

And I made it in less than an hour...
If you REALLY want to check this out - It's called the Amazing Game (It needed a name) and you can get it at http://www.pjpdev.co.za/amazingsetup.exe

I'll upload the sources some time soon...

P.S. For the people who don't read text in games, etc PRESS ESC TO GET OUT!!!

Wizard
12-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Ha ha ;D Take it a step furter...make it change the process priority to realtime, hide it fom task manager and remove the exit ;) Btw changing priority to realtime makes the app eat up all the system resources...only works on pc's with single processor...for dual processors you need to dive into threads :-X

I've wriiten two 'malware' apps, the one opens windows command prompt and executes on an infinite loop thus eating all the memory and forcing you to shut down by pressing the power button xx( The other reboots the system when executed...causing you to loose unsaved dataand forcing any open apps to close :-X

pjpdev
12-04-2009, 09:48 PM
When I was in school we used to netsend each other, one guy did it a few times to me then I decided to make a *.bat file filled with nedsend commands. That was quite funny. :D

noeska
13-04-2009, 08:24 PM
The health program at work does just that when claiming you need to take a break. Most anoying as it cannot be turned off.

Traveler
14-04-2009, 08:00 AM
If you really want to annoy people, change your program so that on startup it takes the background image that is on the victims desktop and copy the location of the icons. Now when the user is taking a small brake, start your program and run it maximized so that he wont notice the difference. Then watch your victim go crazy when he/she hovers over the icons and see them switch position :yes: :D

Wizard
14-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Or you could simply do this:

Put shellApi in your uses clause and then in button or form event handler the following:

procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
var i : integer;
begin
for i := 1 to 10 do
ShellExecute(Handle, 'open', 'c:\Windows\notepad.exe', nil, nil, SW_SHOWNORMAL) ;
end;

Change 10 to 100 or to 1000000 and see what happens :D :D :D

pjpdev
14-04-2009, 04:46 PM
That'll totally annoy the crap out of someone.

Button - "Play XXX Queens"
Result - A 1000 notepad instances open up, and

A messagebox saying "Now, use your imagination pervert :nerd:!"
:D :D :D --- Classic

Wizard
14-04-2009, 05:21 PM
That's exactly how a virus spreads...with the 'promise of nudity & s.x' :D Also with the promise of hacked serial keys... ???

The 'nice' thing about my implimentation is that it totally eats up ALL your system resources :P

pjpdev
14-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Learnt my lesson with the serials, shows ya... Piracy is bad! :D