PDA

View Full Version : Dev.Mag Changed their format!

WILL
04-05-2009, 03:23 AM
Wow, I wouldn't have called it in a million years. It seems that Dev.Mag, a well known publication that was pretty Pascal/PGD friendly, has gone from a free online downloadable PDF format to a fully online html only format.

I must say that I'm not 100% comfortable with this change as they removed all their back issues and content. :no:

Traveler
04-05-2009, 08:06 AM
It seems like a huge step back indeed. They say they're going to add the older articles to the archives. It's going to be a huge load of work, no doubt about that. I do wonder if they realize that.

chronozphere
04-05-2009, 11:27 AM
a well known publication that was pretty Pascal/PGD friendly

Any reason to assume that they aren't Pascal/PGD friendly anymore? ???

Fortunatly their content seems to be available for free, and that's what matters most. :)

WILL
04-05-2009, 04:15 PM
a well known publication that was pretty Pascal/PGD friendly

Any reason to assume that they aren't Pascal/PGD friendly anymore? ???

Fortunatly their content seems to be available for free, and that's what matters most. :)

Oh I'm sure they still are, it's just that I've not been in contact or following issues for about a year now.

arthurprs
05-05-2009, 12:03 AM
why not the both formats ? :o

WILL
17-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Hey they put their old PDF issues back online! Yay! :D

http://www.devmag.org.za/news/46/

But I guess the day of them releasing monthly issues that could be printed out are gone. Oh well at least you guys will have Pascal Gamer magazine ;)

Wizard
18-05-2009, 06:36 AM
That's good news, will check out their site a bit later. Can't wait to get my hands on the new Pascal Gamer mag :)