PDA

View Full Version : Network componenets for my game!

janevblagoj
05-05-2009, 01:11 PM
:)
Hallo!

I’m a author of the computer game “Poppy and Rose” which I programmed it in Delphi 6. I think that the game will attract more attention if it is played in a network between two players. But because I’m not professional programmer, and because of my age (I’m 51 year old) I just cannot make that. This is why I need help, and when I mean help I mean a source code of some kind (in Delphi 6) with these segments:

- A segment in which a connection is made between two players that should be in a peer to peer base, but one of them would act like a server and the other will be a client that will connect to the server;

- A segment that will initiate that the two players have the same time;

- A segment in which the two players transfer data between them;

- A segment where is formed a joined table of results.

Can I find a source code with this attributes, maybe from some other simple video game?

Thank you

Blagoj

My e-mail: jblagoj@yahoo.com

AthenaOfDelphi
05-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi Blagoj,

Depending on which version of Delphi you have, it may or may not have some examples.

Delphi 5 (and I think Delphi 6) includes a very simple chat demo that uses the standard socket components. In my case (Delphi 5), it is located in the directory <DELPHIBASEDIRECTORY>\Demos\Internet\Chat

Hope this helps as a start.

Traveler
05-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Alternatively, some while ago there was a post/thread about ENet (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/forum/index.php?topic=4814.0). I believe theres a link in there with code samples as well. Look for Andreaz' post on page 2.

ps. I removed your duplicate post in the other thread.

arthurprs
05-05-2009, 03:05 PM
if you need something simple try
http://synapse.ararat.cz/

if you need something more advanced i recommend ENet

jdarling
05-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Synapse rocks. This from a retired Indy Core Member. BTW: If you have D6 look in the additions folder and you will find a copy of Indy, lots of demos on it (including a chat demo).