PDA

View Full Version : Problems with JEDI-SDL

Darkhog
05-05-2009, 07:55 PM
IDE: Lazarus
Libraries: The newest available libSDL, SDL_IMAGE, SDL_TTF, SDL_MIXER, etc.

I tried to install SDL pascal units from Jedi. Compilation was ok, so units was good recognized. But I didn't saw SDL window (I used for tests keboard events - chapter 6 from "Free pascal meets SDL" site). Then I ran compiled program from console Program opened, but window didn't appear again. I can typing in terminal, the result was the same as you run 'more' instruction in dos, or better 'copy con null' - you can typing, but it's useless. Of course I pressed ctrl+C to break it. I used another examples, even that was came with JEDI with same result. I have the newest available release of SDL and SDL_* libs. It SHOULD work!

Darkhog
11-05-2009, 10:43 AM
I really need help with this. Without it I can't continue work on PlayMaker.

paul_nicholls
11-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Is it possible for you to post some code, perhaps the simplest program you have tried?

It may help us help you better :)

cheers,
Paul

chronozphere
11-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Have you tried running the compiled samples on other computers? You might be able to narrow this down, you know. :)

Have you tried different screen resolutions?

Does SDL respond like normal. Can you retrieve the window size for example?

Does SDL_GetError() return anything special?

WILL
11-05-2009, 03:57 PM
If you absolutely new to JEDI-SDL (or graphics programming at all) it does help to use the included JEDI-SDL demos looking at how it initialized SDL and how the functions and their parameters work.

Some of the initial setup of JEDI-SDL within your program needs to be in a specific order. Then of course if you left something out, for example the window handler, etc then you could have the same effect as what you've described happening.

Please post some code of how you've initialized JEDI-SDL within your program.