PDA

View Full Version : Lazarus and Ubuntu

pjpdev
06-05-2009, 06:49 PM
I find it frickin impossible to get Lazarus running 100% on my Ubuntu Linux. I've checked out the Lazarus forums and found a few solutions there. Lazarus runs, but when I try to compile a gui application I get an error that it can't find the "Interfaces" unit, but it's there. If I try to rebuild Lazarus, it complains about some other unit it can't find... but it's also in place. For some reason it "can't" find the units, even though the directories are set up correctly in the environment settings. Anyone know a solution to this? I would appreciate it...

Thanks

pjpdev
06-05-2009, 07:31 PM
I have an update on my problem...

I've updated to the latest version of Lazarus on Windows and get the same problem. This problem has nothing to do with Ubuntu Linux.

Here are the steps of what I'm doing:
- I create a new LCL application.
- File -> Save All
- And then run, it's still an empty LCL project.

I then get an error -> project1.lpr(6,28) Fatal: Can't find unit Interfaces used by project1

This happens on both Windows and Linux... And it totally sucks! Can anyone help me please.

Thanks...

Ñuño Martínez
07-05-2009, 09:06 AM
I didn't say nothing. :no:

I had that problem some time ago. I did fix it just instaling the latest version.

pjpdev
22-05-2009, 09:50 PM
This is still bugging me. I got Lazarus v0.9.26 running 100% on Windows, but on Linux it ticks me off. If I create a LCL project I get an error that it can't find the interfaces unit. When I try to rebuild Lazarus it doesn't find the graphics unit. All my paths in Lazarus are correct. What the hell can cause this problem?

IMO the FPC guys pretty much screwed up with the v0.9.2x releases...

dazappa
30-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Want to know something? It took me 4 hours to get Lazarus running and able to build apps happily on Ubuntu. It's very particular about the order you install everything in, and you should have the sources installed too or it won't work properly.

What I suggest (Haven't installed it in a good month or so, so I don't remember the exact order)

1. Install FPC Compiler
2. Install FPC Sources
3. Install FPC Docs (May not be necessary)
4. Install Lazarus IDE
5. Install Lazarus Sources
6. Install Lazarus Docs (Again, docs may not be necessary but will probably help sometime)
7. Run Lazarus for the first time and check its paths to make sure they are correct as well.
8. Create a simple, 1 form 1 button (or similar) project. To test if at least something is working (hey, if you got the IDE to work by now congrats already), double click the button on the form. Double clicking the button will add an on click event to your sourcecode, and if it gives you an error here it means you didn't install the FPC/Lazarus sources in the right order or at all.
9. Compile it. If it doesn't work, check your paths first. If you're sure they're all right, then sorry, Lazarus + Ubuntu isn't easy to get setup happily :(

Hope this helps.

pjpdev
30-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks... But I got it running on a different way. I downloaded the latest sources from the Lazarus SVN and compiled it from that. Works great... :D

marcov
23-07-2009, 04:35 PM
This is still bugging me. I got Lazarus v0.9.26 running 100% on Windows, but on Linux it ticks me off. If I create a LCL project I get an error that it can't find the interfaces unit. When I try to rebuild Lazarus it doesn't find the graphics unit. All my paths in Lazarus are correct. What the hell can cause this problem?

- The FPC guys don't release lazarus. The Lazarus guys do.
- Ubuntu release engineering of packages (and the speed with which they update) is done by the Ubuntu team and maintainers.

pjpdev
23-07-2009, 04:59 PM

- The FPC guys don't release lazarus. The Lazarus guys do.
- Ubuntu release engineering of packages (and the speed with which they update) is done by the Ubuntu team and maintainers.

Thanks... Got it running 100% aeons ago, but that comment was written in a state of anger. Lol

It works great now (I should really learn to be patient), and I'm planning on developing for Linux only. :D