PDA

View Full Version : New code snippets section added to library

AthenaOfDelphi
06-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Hi all,

Following the 'competition' that took place in the last 24 hours to improve Delfi's text parser, I thought the code submitted by Arthurps may be helpful for others. I know there have been some threads on the forums which have been collections of useful snippets of code, but now we have the library, I figured I'd start putting them on there so they are easier to find.

So, as of now, I'm declaring the Code Snippets (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/PGDLib/CodeSnippets) section of the library open :)

pjpdev
07-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Awesome... ;) Helpful bits of code can now be found much easier, thanks. :D

Traveler
07-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Ah, thats a really good idea!

tpascal
07-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Great, i hope codesnipts section grows up with usefull code.

How about if i want to share a whole unit with a class definition on in, wich i feel pride about it ;) and i think it could be usefull for someone else, where should i post it or talk about it?

AthenaOfDelphi
07-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Great, i hope codesnipts section grows up with usefull code.

How about if i want to share a whole unit with a class definition on in, wich i feel pride about it ;) and i think it could be usefull for someone else, where should i post it or talk about it?

Good question... basically, to create pages in the library you need to get a login. At the moment, I think Traveler is the only person who can do that. So, get a login and add it yourself or email one of the staff (I guess Traveler or I) the code and we'll add it.

I can't stress this enough... please follow the naming conventions for pages when you add them to the snippets list. The snippet page links should be named like this:-

[[Snippet<X> <SHORT PAGE DESCRIPTION>]]

If you follow this rule, they'll all be kept together. :-)