PDA

View Full Version : IOI

Nala
16-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Someone at the CodeGear forums told me about this site, which is really great! I didn't know there were so many game developers using Pascal / Delphi. So I decided to join this community and of course tell you about my little Direct3D pong-like game called IOI written in Delphi 5, released at Breakpoint 2009, using 48K. You can download the executable from http://nala.gruschel.com/projects.html (I won't release the source code, but maybe parts of it if you are interested in certain things). The sound is a bit annoying, anyway have fun!

AthenaOfDelphi
16-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Let me (hopefully) be the first to welcome you to PGD... just in time for this years competition which should be kicking off at the end of the month :)

pjpdev
16-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Welcome to PGD. Hope you enjoy it here... ;) I still have to check your game out, but I'll get around to it soon. :)

Wizard
16-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Welcome, I tested your pong clone and it's looking good :)

WILL
17-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Wow great little pong clone! Welcome to PGD! :)

arthurprs
17-06-2009, 02:15 AM
the game looks very good,

talking about exe shrink now, why don't use upx3 with --lzma instead? It gives good compression and no problems with anti-viruses

upx.exe "game.exe" --lzma

Nala
17-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Thanks to all of you for your comments!

I just tried upx3 with --lzma and it was resulting in 50K. UPack gives me 47K. Not much of a difference, but 48K is such a nice limit :-) For the next project upx of course is an option, it's the exe packer I'm using normally, and I like it very much.

This leads me to another question: has anyone here tested what Delphi version is best for small executables? What about FreePascal?