PDA

View Full Version : Morfit 3D

iLLUNis
08-11-2002, 02:42 PM
Has anybody ever used their engine to play with?....i was going through their website and the demos they have there are quite cool. Not freeware though.... :?:

Traveler
11-11-2002, 09:22 AM
Yes, I have tried Morfit, but that was a few years ago. Back then I didn't liked it too much. The tools to make 3D models where terrible. I had lots of problems making a simple chair for instance.
On the other hand, coding was extremely simple. You could make a simple game in just an hour. And everything from physics to collision detection comes with the engine. An other big issue was speed. Morfit didn't use openGL (not sure if that is still the case). Framerates are pretty low in comparison with opengl games.

Anyway, I haven't really kept track of Morfit that much anymore. A look at their website does show a few goodlooking screenshots, but most of them are still those from a year ago. The engine and tools are still dating from july 2001 and are nolonger free for download. (Except for the earlier versions).

In my opinion, it's a fun package to try out for a while, but I think you would be better off downloading the opengl tutorials on Nehe (http://nehe.gamedev.net/) and spent your time with those instead.