PDA

View Full Version : character's texture ????

programmer
06-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Hi....

I designed a character in 3DSMAX then I exported as MD3 , when I opened it in Delphi and load the texture the details disappear like in the face you can't see the details of noise or mouth ... , when I removed the texture all details appear .
my question can I view the character with texture in Delphi like it in 3DSMAX
because in 3DSMAX the character with texture and all the details appear

Thanks

chronozphere
06-09-2009, 06:47 PM
There is probably something wrong with your MD3 loader or your render code.

Make a simple model first (with texture and stuff) and try to export it to MD3 and load it in your delphi app. Does it look OK? :)

Testing with e.g a simple cube makes it easier to see what the actual problem is. ;)

Can you show us a screenshot?

programmer
06-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks for answering me

this is a screenshot

http://www.geocities.com/floutf/Char.jpg

You see the difference colors between Delphi and Max, I want it to view in delphi as it in Max

tpascal
06-09-2009, 09:56 PM
The only difference is a light object used to render the model, in 3dsmax there is a dumy light object that project nice shades, do the same in glscene, add a light object and render the scene again.

programmer
07-09-2009, 05:06 AM
The scene has a light object , but as you said it's about shades , are there any way to make shades in glscene like Max ??

User137
07-09-2009, 01:38 PM
The scene has a light object , but as you said it's about shades , are there any way to make shades in glscene like Max ??

You already use same shades, the light/material parameters are just set differently. Even if you used pixel shader (which i don't think 3dsmax uses) you need the parameters similar to vertex shader and it wouldn't look that much different.

There is some ambient kind of light that is too bright, change direction and position of light to see it differently.

programmer
07-09-2009, 05:59 PM
I changed the position of light but nothing changed

Note : I tried the "CgShader" component after I changed some parameters and it's work in one design but the other it doesn't work it's just make the color of the character black

I think my problem with Shades not with light , I mean I have to add a shades to the character but I don't now how ..

is there any another way to do like "CgShader" component do??

thanks

tpascal
07-09-2009, 09:19 PM
I am sure the problem is a light object or materials, the picture from 3dsmax has nothing especial, just a model with a bulb light on in.

It is not just the position of your light object, it is also the color properties of the material or light object, that is ambient,diffuse,specular color properties. You have to setup the scene in a way where the ambient color is dark, and then put a light object in front of the model with a nice diffuse bright color, be sure the light object coverage (the radius) properties reach the model, you will know your are setuping correct if the model looks dark except in the front faces where light radius reach.

programmer
08-09-2009, 12:08 PM
please could you make an example for me

this is the character
http://www.geocities.com/floutf/Girl.zip

thanks

programmer
12-09-2009, 08:23 AM
please help me :'( :'( :'(

User137
12-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Please make just a simple cube or sphere to test lighting first. It doesn't matter what the model is as long as it has normals. There should be plenty of examples within GLScene right?

Test it without textures (and do use GLScene itself to create the sphere object at start, not modelling tool), and please show which values you are using for lights and materials? (Color values, light strenght if there is)

As much as i know of light strength, they propably go from 0 to 1. Set all r,g,b values to 0.1 or 0 to make it very dark. Increase 1 value at the time to 1.0 and you should see the effect of each.
Oh, change these values in GLScene mainly, not in 3DS Max.

programmer
13-09-2009, 03:42 PM
I tried the same character without textures it's very well ( like in 3DSMAX ) ,and you can see the shades too.

but with textures as you saw in previous picture , you can't see any shades on the character

what should I do :'(

programmer
26-11-2009, 12:41 PM
for this question is there any solution for it

User137
26-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Try with texture that is completely white, it should look the same as without texture.

chronozphere
26-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I think you have to dig a little deeper. Tweaking some settings (material/light parameters) often help to make things look better. But we need screenshots of the good image (in max) and the bad one (in your app) to tell the difference.

I can tell you that it is impossible to make your model look "exactly" the same as in max, because you don't know their shaders and dummy light parameters. There are a few things you could take a look at:

> Texture coordinates
> Vertex Normals (are they really normalized?)
> Light intensity, ambient diffuse and specular color
> Material ambient diffuse and specular colors
> Etc...

You have to read about how lighting works. Eventually, you'll find ways to make your model look better. But first show us some pictures.. :)

programmer
26-11-2009, 09:59 PM
this is a photo without textures :

http://www.9o9i.com/uploads/images/9o9i-e7e9fa6a8a.jpg

this is a photo with textures :

http://www.9o9i.com/uploads/images/9o9i-10b49562f7.jpg

and this is the link of the actor ( it's SMD file )

http://www.zshare.net/download/69054253888ad620/

chronozphere
26-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Okay.. This is not a texturing problem. It's all about the lights and materials. :)

Can I see how you set up your lights and materials?

I would suggest that you start play around with the lights. Make the ambient color a bit darker and make the lights brighter. You can also add another light, and move the lights around. :)

programmer
27-11-2009, 07:40 AM
thank you for answering me

about the light I put just one in the camera that it look at the actor.
about the properties of the light and the actor I didn't change any value (default)

please please please, could you make an example for me?

actor's Link ( it's SMD file )
http://www.zshare.net/download/69054253888ad620/

chronozphere
27-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Nope.. I can't make an example for you because I'm very busy myself. Also, I don't know GLScene and I don't have it installed. Finally, I think it's better if you could try things yourself, instead of asking others to do the work for you.
When I started making games, things were quite hard for me too, but I managed to get things done by playing around and asking specific questions.

So, You should start to figure out the lighting system of GLScene. Add more lights, change the light parameters etc.. You should see some improvements after playing with it for a while. :)

Good luck!

User137
27-11-2009, 12:44 PM
about the light I put just one in the camera that it look at the actor.
about the properties of the light and the actor I didn't change any value (default)
Default settings are propably too bright for your model.

There is lots and lots you can experiment with lights and materials.

Basic things you can do is turn the light off and everything should go black right? Try the same on material; light on but material on black. If these work properly you can start balancing it the way you like. There should be many properties for each light and material to play with, i just don't know GLScene.

de_jean_7777
27-11-2009, 10:21 PM
From what I can gather from the images, it seems that 3DS Max applies some sort of modifier on the model (I don't use 3DS Max, but it would seem something similar to subsurf in Blender). The 3DS Max model looks smoother (probably has more polygons) due to the applied modifier. This is highly evident if you take a look at the shoulders (they are round in 3DS Max, and blocky in your application). This can have an effect on the way the model is lighted, and therefore you can not achieve the exact look as in 3DS Max, unless you can also export the model with the modifier applied, or remove the modifier in 3DS Max and then compare.

programmer
28-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Thank you sooooo much