PDA

View Full Version : Request for; Photos of PGD Annual Competitors

WILL
09-11-2009, 01:23 AM
I usually try to put a face to this event and show the people that work hard to make it the spectacle that it is. Now there is no grand hall with a big screen or a single physical gathering point which everyone comes to meet, BUT there is this site and the community which puts a lot into it from year to year. At the end of each competition this holds true; We end up with some creative and fun games to play and we get to show off what we can do with these tools we use.

Now that I've motivated you all. :) I'd like to get as many photos of you guys working at your machines, behind your pads and small sticky notes to be displayed in the next issue of Pascal Gamer which will have a large feature on the PGD Annual Game Developer's Competition. Any and all contributions will be appreciated as it will make the next issue all the more nicer to read. Let our readers see what the PGD Annual is about and show them what an awesome event it is to partake in.

You can send your photos via email to jkamcmillen@hotmail.com Thanks!!! :)

paul_nicholls
11-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Photo link sent to your email ;)

cheers,
Paul

WILL
11-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks Paul. Got your picture. :)

chronozphere
28-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Just sent you a few of my photo's. :P

WILL
15-02-2010, 04:06 PM

Hey Paul can you resend me your photo? It seems I didn't permanently download a copy and the link went dead. Thanks!

paul_nicholls
15-02-2010, 08:13 PM

Hey Paul can you resend me your photo? It seems I didn't permanently download a copy and the link went dead. Thanks!

I will have to do another one tonight as I have lost the other one - it was on my other computer when it died.

cheers,
Paul

WILL
15-02-2010, 09:14 PM

I will have to do another one tonight as I have lost the other one - it was on my other computer when it died.

Oh well that sucks that your other computer died. xx( At least it gives you an excuse to blow all your money on an even better, brand new one huh? ;)

Well don't worry once this second picture is sent to me I'll have all I need to put into the PGD Annual Section. Late as it is. lol

BTW did you make any design notes, etc? Those would make great little pieces to add for visuals too. :)

paul_nicholls
15-02-2010, 10:22 PM

Oh well that sucks that your other computer died. xx( At least it gives you an excuse to blow all your money on an even better, brand new one huh? ;)

Well don't worry once this second picture is sent to me I'll have all I need to put into the PGD Annual Section. Late as it is. lol

BTW did you make any design notes, etc? Those would make great little pieces to add for visuals too. :)

My computer died on the last day of the competition (Phew!)

So I had to use my wife's machine to update my instructions pdf file and re-upload my final submission...

I didn't do any design notes, apart from what was in my design document.

We ended up purchasing a HP Compaq Presario notebook (was the best we could afford at the time):

Compaq Presario CQ60-416Au 15.6" Notebook PC:

AMD processor 2.1GHZ
512KB L2 Cache
160GB harddrive
2GB RAM
8x DVD RW
Windows Vista (upgrade to Windows 7 for $20 online offer)
15.6" screen
wireless 802.11 b/g WLAN
nVidia GeForce 8200M G graphics shared

cheers,
Paul