PDA

View Full Version : [WANTED] Experienced Game Developer *SWEDEN*

Hansen
11-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi!

I hope it's okey to post job offers on this forum, 'Your Projects' was the closest match.

This position and offer is only to people living in Sweden, nationality doesn't matter.

If you are a Swedish speaking person, please read this in Swedish instead at this link:
Word doc: http://www.easy-share.com/1908671250/Game dev partner.doc

------------------

Interested in starting up a game development company? And do you want to lead the development for an upcoming successful computer game? Then this might be something for you!

To develop this computer game we are looking for an experienced game developer. You have worked with game development for a couple of years and are very familiar with how the process goes from the planning phase, development process and finally to game release. As a person you have great passion for both game development and computer games.
It's a great plus if you:
* Previously lead a game development project.
* Are good with problem solving.
* Have very good knowledge about programming or design.
* Are very dedicated and goal oriented!

Together with me, your tasks would have been to plan and lead the game development. Planning means for example to know which parts of the game to be developed at which time, and which competence we need when.
You will have the answers to questions like: Which programming languages should we use to develop the game? Which graphical engine we should use, and which competences we need. When the planning is done and we handpicked a team, you will be leading and structuring the game development. This project is very serious, and shouldn't be considered an unserious 'hobby project', even though the time spent on this project might not be fulltime for everyone involved.

If you already have a job today and can't spend so much time on the project, then contact me and we will find a solution on how we should work.

There's a pretty high demand on experience and competence on the person I am looking for. But if you feel like you have parts of what I am looking for but maybe not it all, you can still contact me and we can try to complement people's competences.

Part ownership in the company is guaranteed for the right person!

The game

The game has a fantasy theme and are within the popular and growing genre 'Competetive Online Game'. Example of a 'COG' game:
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/

The game play will be similar to Darkfall's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvVRMuQrW8Y

But please notice that even though the game play might be similar, the game itself is neither a MMO nor a RPG game, but as mentioned above a COG game.

There's no similar game on the market and none under development that has been announced. There's a high demand request by millions of players today so the potential is huge! The game idea is based on already honored and winning game concepts, which will minimize the risk. The game becomes very interesting as it contains existing games content mixed with completely new ideas and functions. It's a free game and it will be available for download through our website. The business model for incomes is already planned out and is being used by hundreds of successful games today.

More information about the game will only be given to qualified appliers.

The project

At this moment the project are at the absolute starting phase, nothing is developed and I haven't picked any team members yet. But this is because of tactical reasons, because first of all I am looking for an experienced partner who will assist me with this. The idea came to me a couple of months ago, and since then I have been planning the project, the game and the business model. There are already a couple of impressive game developers very interested in joining the team, and the interest grows. The project will start as soon as I find you, who can start and lead the development together with me!

Compensation

Salary for the work you do in such an early state is not possible. It's already very hard to find capital to this industry and most of all in these times when you don't have anything to show except an idea. But as soon as we produced a demo of the game, and we have a structure in the company the search for capital will begin. I am very much involved with capital questions and have a few experiences from investments and contribution capital. I do also have very good contact with a business angel network stationed in Gothenburg. When the capital question is solved, the plan is to employ those who worked on the project and compensate them for the time they spend on development.

Which other benefits do I get from participating in this project?
- Improve your portfolio and resume with plenty of valuable experiences and knowledge!
- A close cooperation with a skilled development team!
- Leading and participating in a bigger project!
- Make your name known in the industry!
- A great business opportunity because of the part ownership!
- A great experience with a lot of fun!!!

About me

My name is Patrik Hansen and I live close to Gothenburg in Sweden. As a person I am very open, creative and ambitious. I have an IT-education and a background as an IT-consultant for Telenor in Oslo, Norway. I have since my early days been fascinated by computer games and dedicated a big part of my life to both playing and analyzing different types of games. I have very good knowledge about most of the things involving IT and I control simple programming in php and C. I am used to working in projects and I have worked a lot with applications and layouts.

Besides my passion for computer games and IT in general, I have a great interest in entrepreneurship, which led me into starting my first company. The Company will sell niche program applications to other businesses. Our first product is currently under development and will be out for sales in about 4 months.

It is very important to me that I don't just come with an idea that others should develop, but that I also contribute to the project and work at least as much and hard as everyone else. My tasks would be all the administrative and business related work. I would also be involved with the games daily development. Except what I mentioned above I would also work with: The community (website, forum), get information and inspiration for the team, make design sketches, everything involved with the game content, like: text contents, descriptions, character abilities and so on. I will also help leading the team and planning the work, and assist the development team with the help they need.

I am offering the right person a leading position in the development towards the next successful PC game. It's also a great business opportunity for you as you will become part ownership in the company and thereby take profit from all the companies’ success.

Do you have what it takes to start and lead the game development? Then don’t hesitate to contact me!
Are you interested in being a part of the development team and wants to know more?
Then send an email to me with a personal letter together with your resume.

Email address: contact@patrikhansen.com

Looking forward hearing from you!

Best Regards,
Patrik Hansen

(Forum feedback: None)

Hansen
14-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Developers intressted in being a part of the team or just wants to know more about the game or the project are more than welcome to contact me!