PDA

View Full Version : opengl texture problem after upgrading to win7

marmin
12-12-2009, 02:12 PM
I did a complete and succesful upgrade to win7 from vista. I checked, and I have changed absolutely nothing to my code. And all the programs are fine too. Things working fine in vista and xp.
The problem I have, after lots of debugging, is that I have created an array of textures, but for some reason the texture numbers are displayed incorrectly. It is a very weird, hard bug and it sets me back a long time (wanting to beta test the program I've been working on.)
I suspect some software driver bug, or a compatibility problem. As I'm 100% sure no code was changed and all things are working properly in vista, xp, I have to place the project on hold, maybe forever. Is there anything known about comp. problems in win7? I have the latest drivers. Again- I didn't change anthing before and after upgrading to I have no clue where to start.

Traveler
12-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Hmm, could be driver issue. If you want to, I can double check to confirm the issue. I have two machines one running Vista the other Windows 7. (Two different video cards though)

pjpdev
12-12-2009, 07:11 PM
I have Win7 RC and all my OpenGL stuff works 100%. Like Traveler said, it could be driver problems. Another method I suggest is to step through your code and see if everything still works as it should.

Hope it helps.

chronozphere
12-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Call glGetError() every now and then and write any errors to a logfile. Maybe it leads you to a clue. :)

marmin
24-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi, been off my project for a time due to this unsolvable bug. Amonth back my laptop broke, sent it back and did a new win7 update when it came back repaired. I compiled the project today, thought it was in vain (had given up already) and to my surprise all is fine.. it was indeed some driver/graph card issue.
back to work! :)

Andreaz
26-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Just to clarify, you said "the texture numbers are displayed incorrectly", you're using glGenTextures and not manually assigning texture idents?

marmin
26-04-2010, 08:45 AM
I used GlGenTextures. I use an array of textures and somehow they were swapped, wrong size, I don't remember exactly.