View Full Version : Fade effect in my model

bazbazus
18-01-2010, 03:42 AM
I want to do this effect
http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/pc/i/0/i0flpc024.jpg

Help me please :'(

Brainer
18-01-2010, 07:29 PM
AFAIK, it's not a fade effect, it's the Depth of Field effect. I'm pretty sure there was a demo somewhere on the GLScene's newsgroup.

chronozphere
19-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Sorry, but did you do anything yourself before asking this question?
Please try to do some research yourself. There are alot of examples on the internet which you can use. Also, try to play around with the things you know and learn, instead of starting a topic for each thing you want.

Ontopic: This effect is called depth-of-field. It's hard to do it yourself from scratch. Using an example is probably your best bet. ;)

Brainer
19-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Hm, but I think I can provide you with some source code on the matter: http://www.sendspace.com/file/rz1w7s
I think it was put on the newsgroup sometime ago. :) That's why I told you to subscribe.

NecroDOME
19-01-2010, 05:58 PM
@chrono Actually depth-of-field is not that hard to do. The only thing you need it the depth information of the rendered scene. You can get this information directly on DirectX 10/11 or render the depth yourself in DirectX 9. (dunno about OpenGL, but should be similar).

After having the depth info it's just a simple blur-math-calculation with respect to the depth.

@bazbazus
If you know how to render 3D scenes and do some pixel(fragment) and vertex shader stuff, this should be a fairly easy implementation.
If you are working 2D if you are working 2D you can apply the same trick.

bazbazus
19-01-2010, 06:24 PM
thank you Brainer :) :) :) but where I find more exemple :o :(

chronozphere
19-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Why would you need more examples? I looked at brainers example and it should give you all the information you need. ???

NecroDOME
20-01-2010, 08:26 AM
If you want more examples try google. Plenty of resources to find on the internet.