PDA

View Full Version : HTML Editors

iLLUNis
08-11-2002, 03:40 PM
I am using a combination of tools to achieve the result i want. I am not into HTML programming and i quite like the ease of use of Frontapage and the built in capabilities of Coffecup HTML.
Poll will be up for 3 days.

Alimonster
08-11-2002, 03:46 PM
Notepad. Fear me! :twisted:

balog
08-11-2002, 03:53 PM
Good old 'Hotdog' from Sausage Software

lnpneil
08-11-2002, 03:53 PM
It used to be notepad but then I found Textpad... basically notepad on steroids and since my job pays the license for me (it's shareware) I'm quite happy to plug away using it.

I guess I'm just a control freak at the end of the day so I like to control each and every little detail which I don't feel I get with things like Frontpage etc. :wink:

Neil

Traveler
08-11-2002, 04:02 PM
hmm Too bad HomeSite+ (or Coldfusion Studio in the early days) isn't listed, so I'll just choose 'Other - Please specify' :)

iLLUNis
08-11-2002, 04:04 PM
hehe...sorry guys..I dont know all the programs in the market...i am just a normal guy... :oops:

Michalson
08-11-2002, 05:51 PM
Crimson Editor, which it what I use for editing/viewing just about any language that I don't have another IDE for (Java, ASP, etc).

TheLion
08-11-2002, 05:59 PM
I use HomeSite! :) I learned to work with it while I was working as a Trainee in a WebDesign company and never stopped using it, it is JUST GREAT!!!!

Zanthos
08-11-2002, 06:22 PM
I use notepad or Programmers File Editor, which is basically Notepad with an MDI interface :)

Useless Hacker
08-11-2002, 07:47 PM
Good old 'Hotdog' from Sausage Software
Ditto me. To be honest it's about the only HTML editor I've used, apart from Frontpage Express and Notepad (Alimonster are you nuts :?: ), so I couldn't say whether it is better that the others suggested here, but it suits my needs.

Alimonster
08-11-2002, 08:16 PM
(Alimonster are you nuts :?: )
The evidence points to "yes" :?

TheLion
08-11-2002, 10:21 PM
It depends on what you are making I think... I used to make my websites in FrontPage and edited them in NotePad (which will do fine for HTML), however as they became more complicated and started using things like JavaScript, ASP and PHP I needed something better to keep oversight! :)

So a small normal HTML page can be done easily in Notepad! :)

balog
08-11-2002, 11:17 PM
Hey Useless Hacker,

I was on the Dev team for HotDog.

The program is obsolete now, but a few years back, it ruled.

Summers Gone
08-11-2002, 11:55 PM
Easy one. Delphi 7. Best HTML Editor there is. The code completion is really great. And let's not forget the cool editor features.

Useless Hacker
11-11-2002, 10:41 AM
Hey Useless Hacker,

I was on the Dev team for HotDog.

The program is obsolete now, but a few years back, it ruled.
To tell you the truth, the only reason I use it is because it came free on PCPlus magasine a year or two back (I fact, most of my software comes from magasine cover discs, apart from games and Microsoft software (why do they never give anything away free?).).