PDA

View Full Version : The new Nintendo 3DS

WILL
18-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Hey guys what have you heard of the NEW Nintendo system that they are developing?

Apparently it's called the Nintendo 3DS and it will allow you to have actual 3D without the use of 3D glasses. Wouldn't that be something. :) Actually could we not do this now with current PC technology? Hmm... makes you think. :o

Check out this cool video... Nintendo DSi Hack using Eye tracking to simulate 3D perspective (http://gizmodo.com/5481451/nintendo-dsi-uses-camera-face-tracking-to-create-3d-mirages)

Stoney
18-04-2010, 01:42 PM
In my opinion this isn't real 3D. But then again "Avatar 3D" isn't real 3D either. Well, I will admit to real 3D if there will be a holodeck. ;)

Sure, we can do something on the PC for sure. Just track the face (or the eyes like Nintendo 3DS does) and adjust the objects on the screen accordingly.

I'm a bit sceptical how to make interesting gameplay with this new "feature" because in games 3D (with or without glasses) has always been more of a gimmick than a real feature.

WILL
19-04-2010, 12:22 AM
I guess you have to think of it more as a concept rather than a feature. But for the most part, unless you really push something else innovative, yeah it's a gimmick that will only enhance visuals. However plug in positioning of your sound objects and such as well in the simulated 3D environment and well that would be really freaky and cool. ;)