PDA

View Full Version : Pascal Gamer Magazine Issue #3 Call for content

WILL
23-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Hey folks!

As a custom I just wanted to let you all know that I am now accepting articles from community members for the next issue of Pascal Gamer. If you would like to write a small opinion piece, tutorial or have your released game reviewed please feel free to post here, or email me your articles at contact@pascalgamer.com (http://mailto:contact@pascalgamer.com).

Writing is encouraged as it helps establish community co-operation and increases the interest in what we all do for fun. So on top of monetary donations writing articles is probably even better of a contribution to the magazine publication.

What I'd love to see in this next issue:

- More Coder's Block articles
- an overview on Asphyre Sphinx
- a small list of games freeware/commercial for game review
- Special Reports, opinion articles on anything game design or development oriented

Brainer
23-04-2010, 05:19 PM
You already got one from me, the second one's in progress. :)

chronozphere
23-04-2010, 07:11 PM
I'd also like to write something. :) Actually, I was just thinking about an article about good programming practices.

WILL
24-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Yes you have Patryk and it'll appear in the next issue for sure. ;)

Anyone is able to submit an article. It doesn't necessarily have to be about program code either. I'll take articles on opinions/lessons learned on genre, marketing your game, finding the right media library, how to properly polish your game and game menus or even how to self publish your own game. All would be great articles.

Chesso
01-05-2010, 06:03 AM
I would like to see more information about FreePascal VS Delphi, in terms of what they both offer, someone who has used both would probably know a fair bit? (e.g. Delphi has the VCL with their fancy pallette among many other features).

Any difference in language features, etc.

It just got me interested when I saw the ad for it in mag #2, maybe other people feel the same?

WILL
01-05-2010, 07:30 AM
I would like to see more information about FreePascal VS Delphi, in terms of what they both offer, someone who has used both would probably know a fair bit? (e.g. Delphi has the VCL with their fancy pallette among many other features).

Any difference in language features, etc.

It just got me interested when I saw the ad for it in mag #2, maybe other people feel the same?

Yeah I can see this being a viable topic. But really to be fair Delphi is more comparable to Lazarus. Where FPC is just a compiler where Delphi has a compiler and then a whole VCL + IDE + integrated debugger.

You could also throw in Delphi Prism too since it is it's own RAD suite as well. I would also like to cover Delphi Prism to cultivate interest in .NET game programming, something that I've really only seen a few people get into for a time. Further reasoning for adding Prism to comparison with the others is that it uses a completely different compiler from the others. It uses Oxygene from RemObjects AND a totally different IDE too, which is Visual Studio based. Problem with throwing it into the mix however is there really isn't much interest. Am I wrong?

If you would like to do the research and have a copy of Delphi 2010, I'd be happy to receive a report of your findings for the next issue. :)