PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Hunters: The Dark Labyrinth

WILL
01-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to show off one of my latest secret projects... ok not a secret anymore I guess, but here it is none-the-less. ;)

It's called Treasure Hunters and it's based off an old board game that I used to play as a kid. (Every hear of 'The Amazing Labyrinth'?) I'm adding a few enhancements to game play and I'm going to throw in a Story Mode and a few different modes of play for multi-player. It'll support 1 - 4 players + there is also the option to throw in a Minotaur stomping around trying to catch you. There are some other features which I'm pondering what and how they'll go into the game, but I'll figure that out in time.

I have some screenshots for you to look at to see what I've done so far. I'll release an Alpha Demo soon for you guys to try and give me feedback on. (After I finish up the game's menu!)

Treasure Hunters Web Page (http://will.pascalgamer.com/treasurehunters/)

Please let me know what you think. I'll follow-up with more soon.

paul_nicholls
01-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Looks awesome WILL, you sneaky SOB! LOL :D

I'm looking forward to the demo, bring it on :)

cheers,
Paul

chronozphere
01-05-2010, 01:04 PM
I have that board game here too. :) It's a nice concept.
The graphics are looking sweet. Would like to play the demo.

WILL
01-05-2010, 05:34 PM
I've been doing a bit of redesign on my menu to see if I can't make a better Mode Select for Single and MultiPlayer modes. Here is what I've come up with for multiplayer...

The Menu frame will slide to the left (in the position you see in this image) as the background does a video style sweep to the new background and the icons will fade in as you see them here.

What do you guys think?

phibermon
01-05-2010, 06:18 PM
saaaaaaaweet.

Stoney
01-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Wow. Cool project. :)

The menu effect sounds great. I like what you've come up with the menu.
Looking forward to the demo as well. :)

paul_nicholls
01-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Wow. Cool project. :)

The menu effect sounds great.
Looking forward to the demo as well. :)

Where can I hear the menu effect?!?

cheers,
Paul

Stoney
01-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Where can I hear the menu effect?!?

Sorry, bit of a misunderstanding here. I didn't mean "sound" literally, I just meant what WILL described sounds like a good idea and I like the screenshot.

Vinzvega
07-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Hi !
ok, Will : that's great. I believe I have the board game somewhere in a box !
Demo awaited !

WILL
21-12-2010, 01:19 AM
Considering the development mess that Garland is in right now. I've been looking towards my other more promising game to take and complete. I've been working on making a nice website to show it all off with too.

I realize that I never posted an alpha demo for you all to try yet, but maybe soon I can get it together while I'm not at work. I'm really happy with this game so far and think it'll be a fun first release when it's done.

wagenheimer
21-12-2010, 03:00 AM
I can't wait to see and test your new game! =)

I also have a new game to be released very soon! http://dreamsofageisha.com/ - For now I can only tell it's a new Match-3 game, and it uses the newest (and yet unreleased) version of PhoenixLib, and will support Windows / Mac already at launch.

Darthman
21-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Very pretty thought. If you will need help — ask me =)

WILL
21-12-2010, 07:10 PM
I can't wait to see and test your new game! =)

Thanks. I've seen the "coming soon" message for your game and was instantly excited at being able to play another one of your titles. ;)

I really like the gameplay of The Dark Labyrinth. If the game is well received then I'll keep the Treasure Hunters brand open for future games so that if I come up with a good idea for new gameplay I can continue the neat theme.

@Darthman; thanks for the offer. I think the biggest need of help I have is getting a stable native Mac development setup established so I can finally do some serious cross-platform development.

Other than that, if you have any good music tracks in mind for a 1940s treasure hunting theme. Also I believe I'm looking for a few more relic/artifact style treasures to fill up the sheet holding all of these sprites.

Know of any nice high resolution photos of "treasures" with a solid colored background that I can use? I normally use Google to search for these photos myself.

WILL
27-05-2011, 03:01 AM
Been working on the menus, getting them redone so they flow nicer. This game would make for a great touch-screen game I think.