PDA

View Full Version : Fullscreen Switching

dazappa
01-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Well, I believe I had this working once in an old project using Andorra .4.5.0, but with the latest Andorra version, at least, the following code doesn't work:

AdDraw.Finalize;
with AdDraw.Display do
begin
Width := 640;
Height := 480;
BitDepth := ad32Bit;
DisplayMode := dmFullscreen;
end;
AdDraw.Initialize;

It kills the display (redrawing the last frame before AdDraw.Finalize).

Checked the docs and FAQ, but couldn't find anything on this. (And if you're wondering, the SF forums for Andorra seem as dead as this subforum... I might repost this there though)

igel457
03-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Hm, I tested it with my current development version and it worked (using DirectX). As I've changed a few things in the initialization system and stabilized initialization and finalization, this might have fixed it.

But as my current development version looks more like a massacre than a working library, I won't publish it until all functionality is restored.

So there at last is hope, that it works with the next version which will be released when it's done - currently my development activities are mostly spent on Audorra, the often requested audio part of Andorra (http://audorra.sf.net/)

dazappa
05-05-2010, 02:17 AM
Hm, I tested it with my current development version and it worked (using DirectX). As I've changed a few things in the initialization system and stabilized initialization and finalization, this might have fixed it.

But as my current development version looks more like a massacre than a working library, I won't publish it until all functionality is restored.

So there at last is hope, that it works with the next version which will be released when it's done - currently my development activities are mostly spent on Audorra, the often requested audio part of Andorra (http://audorra.sf.net/)

Thanks for the info.

PS: Last I tried audorra (2 weeks ago) the windows binaries didn't seem to play files correctly. Is there a specific audio format that it only supports so far? Audorra will be a nice lib too, but I hope you can finish a patch up (or new version) of Andorra sometime soon ;) Also note that I am using OpenGL. I don't believe I can compile the DirectX plugin very easily with Lazarus...