PDA

View Full Version : PGD Annual 2005 - 2009 Compilation Disc

WILL
17-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey everyone!

Who here would buy a compilation disc of all the materials from the last 4 PGD Annual competitions? The concept would be along the lines of a DVD collection of all the games made available on one disc with nice menus and installers. Further to this there would be added media and promotional videos used from all past events.

Just want to canvas this idea and see what you all think or who would really want such a collectors item. :)

masonwheeler
17-05-2010, 10:08 PM
That sounds interesting, especially if it came with source.

otheophilus
18-05-2010, 01:12 AM
With the source it would be a great learning tool. It would help me learn how to make my own game and quit lurking around on these forums :-[

WILL
18-05-2010, 05:40 AM
That sounds interesting, especially if it came with source.

We'd be more than willing to add source. However we would have had to been given the source to offer it ourselves. Though some have opted-in to submit to us, their source which is great for those interested in just how some of these great games were made.

That said, some games did come with source.

Ñuño Martínez
18-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Question: Windows only or all platforms (where available)?

chronozphere
18-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Sounds quite interesting. I'd like to have a look at the older games from 2005 / 2006. :)

I might donate the source of my winning entry, so it can be included. Beware though! It's quite a mess. :D

Ñuño Martínez
18-05-2010, 01:59 PM
I apologize, I've realized that my question is... er... not very kind. xx(

If it has a nice box, with nice drawings, may be some words about the games (not in the disk ;)) and it's not too expensive I'll get one (regardless the platforms). :)

Stoney
18-05-2010, 03:14 PM
If it has a nice box, with nice drawings, may be some words about the games (not in the disk ;))

I agree. If there are going to be some extras included (source code, post-mortem, concept art, that kind of stuff) I will definitely buy it.

noeska
18-05-2010, 04:23 PM
No, i would not buy such an dvd. Cannot the sepperate projects be made availeable as an downloads (evt. paid)?

WILL
19-05-2010, 02:59 AM
Well the idea would be to create a collection DVD that is a nice keep-sake, but at the same time the money made from it's sales would help go towards future PGD Annuals.

I'd supe it up with as much source and features as I could. Since I'd be the one making it of course. If I can provide other platforms (I will have access to Mac OS X and Linux on top of Win32/64 soon) make a super-installer for all the games and videos. It would be a nice keepsake for all those that want to have something from the last 4 competitions.

If you don't want it, that's fine too. The games should still be offered somewhere, I think they just got buried with all the software changes. That will change with the new switch to the new high-end site software. But the compilation would still be a nicer way to have all the games and videos posted previously.