PDA

View Full Version : DCE jump method doesn't work.

haberdasherv
16-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm trying to learn the DCE methods and so i created a new project with a ball moving on a cube used as a terrain, but whatever i try the jump method doesn't want to work. what are the requires in order to make it work? i tried to follow the DCEDemo but at this point the demo works and my code doesn't even if they are so similar.

i also tried to substitute it by applying a force directly up (ApplyAccel) to make the ball jump but it gives me a few problems with the height (he always jumps at different heights)

what could i do to make this ball jump?

here is the project (source+build): http://www.mediafire.com/?0kyzmmvnzdt

haberdasherv
19-06-2010, 08:53 AM
any ideas?

haberdasherv
26-06-2010, 02:47 PM
by starting a new project i've managed to make the jump method work (don't ask me exactly how, i don't know) and now the ball jumps. the only problem i still have is related to the direction of the jump. If i'm moving forward along the Z axis, and then i jump, the ball doesn't go straight forward on the Z axis as it was going before, it's like it follows an absolute acceleration instead of the relative one of the ball. it just moves on the absolute axis, and not the relative ones of the ball. is there any way to make it follow the on ground direction?

haberdasherv
28-06-2010, 06:30 PM
never mind... i've found a way to solve the problem. just change the SlideOrBounce property to Slide mode.