PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Spain...

pjpdev
11-07-2010, 10:02 PM
The 2010 World Cup South Africa is officially over and Spain has proven to be the best. Both teams did their best and made the final an epic match.

So from the heart of South Africa, I wish to congratulate Spain on their victory. Blow those vuvuzelas, coz you deserve it... :P

czar
11-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Proven to be lucky rather than the best. Scrappy game. The Ref was pretty bad. When the Spanish players retire they can always have a career in Hollywood. :o)

chronozphere
11-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Being dutch, I'm a bit dissapointed. However, I think spain deserves to win. ;)

Both teams fought until the end. Too bad about all the cards. Would've been nice if the game was a bit cleaner.

If only Robben would've scored... :'(

paul_nicholls
12-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Well, at least Paul the Octopus is happy with the result! LOL :D

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/world-cup-2010/paul-the-octopus-keeps-a-clean-sheet-at-world-cup-2010/story-fn4l4sip-1225890557351

cheers,
Paul

DarkBow
12-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Proven to be lucky rather than the best.

sorry, in that regard I do not agree. Spain did not play its best match but was better than Holland.

When the Spanish players retire they can always have a career in Hollywood. :o)

lol generally speaking I agree (and I am Spanish), but yesterday Holland played really hard on them. :)

At last we won! ;D

Wizard
12-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Congrats 2 Spain ;-)

chronozphere
12-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Well, at least Paul the Octopus is happy with the result! LOL :D

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/world-cup-2010/paul-the-octopus-keeps-a-clean-sheet-at-world-cup-2010/story-fn4l4sip-1225890557351

cheers,
Paul

KILL the octopus >:( >:( :D

AthenaOfDelphi
12-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Yes, Congrats to Spain. Deserving winners of the final game.

Holland were lucky not to be down to 10 men before half time. I'm not a big watcher of football, but I've watched a lot of the World Cup games and I have to say, Holland played some of the dirtiest football of the tournament, and IMHO didn't deserve their place in the final just because of their on pitch antics... an absolute disgrace!

GO SPAIN!!!! :yes:

savage
12-07-2010, 04:24 PM
I also think Nederlands were lucky to finish with 10 men on the pitch. The studs to the chest and Van Brommel's countless tackles should have warranted red cards.

Spain did not play their best, but I think Casillas and Ineista saved them the agony of going to penalties.

In the end I think Spain deserved to win, especially after their win over Germany, who I thought were certain to beat all comers.

Well done Spain!

From my perspective, I hope the English and the Australian teams learn some valuable lessons on how to play the game from the Spanish and realise that they both need a young, hungry and talented team to take them to the final. I think in 2 years time, Germany and Spain will be contenders for the Euro Champtionship and in the 4 years time they will both still be contenders for the World cup again.

chronozphere
13-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Yes, Congrats to Spain. Deserving winners of the final game.

Holland were lucky not to be down to 10 men before half time. I'm not a big watcher of football, but I've watched a lot of the World Cup games and I have to say, Holland played some of the dirtiest football of the tournament, and IMHO didn't deserve their place in the final just because of their on pitch antics... an absolute disgrace!

GO SPAIN!!!! :yes:

Yeah, especially de jong's kick in the chest was plain wrong and deserved a red card. However, there were also a lot of minor tackles that were warranted yellow cards, while this was not neccesary.

I hope Holland will do better during the next world/europa cup. I want to see the kind of football they played in 2008. That was just fantastic. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxliFuzw4Fk&feature=PlayList&p=A8B5894B16669854&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=68

arthurprs
14-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Congrats ;)

Ñuño Martínez
20-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm late but...

¡Gracias, peña!(*)

(*) Thank you, people! ;)