PDA

View Full Version : IQs

Septimus
01-08-2003, 03:07 AM
I was just wondering how many of you guys have taken an IQ test recently. And if so what your score is. I think it'd be interesting to see the IQs of our best coders.

I got 121 from www.intelligencetest.com. Which is borderline high average.
Even with that I can't figure out why I'm so stupid.

cairnswm
01-08-2003, 06:36 AM
I got 139

Doens't matter how many IQ tests I do - I have never been able to manage a 'Gifted' score :(

Sander
02-08-2003, 12:27 PM
*sigh* I always found those test useless, what the hell is the use of knowing your IQ is(fill in random number)?? It won't do you any good, maybe it can give you delusions of grandeur, or depressions, but besides that...
Which is exactly why I won't post my results....

EDIT: ANd if you're not falling into the exact category for which this test was made(For instance, USA citizen with high-school diploma with an age of 25) it won't be accurate.

Septimus
02-08-2003, 12:49 PM
Yeah I know. I don't read too much into IQs either (made prudent by my above average scores and total lack of intelligence), it was more just for a bit of fun than anything else.

cairnswm
02-08-2003, 01:08 PM
What amazes me is how often they give the same score :)

Aeronautics
02-08-2003, 01:19 PM
EDIT: ANd if you're not falling into the exact category for which this test was made(For instance, USA citizen with high-school diploma with an age of 25) it won't be accurate.

Indeed, I always get into trouble because most tests are in english and those tests always but such idiot questions as "Which word can be made from these letters: ionsquets"

Although I got 149 from the test above.