PDA

View Full Version : Searching Sound component for Delphi 2010 supporting OGG and multiple speakers

Firlefanz
05-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Hello,

I was using a sound component "Squallsound" until now. Was free and from 2006 but worked good. Had Ogg support and you could set up 2 or more speakers etc.

But with my new Delphi 2010 it does not work anymore...

I heared from "Bass" didn't try it yet. Can it play OGGs and set EAX etc?

If possible, I want something that is free for commercial use (Bass is not).
I do not sell/earn much only a few versions of my games.

It should be easy to use, support OGG files for Music and SFX (with Positioning),
support stereo speakers and EAX/Dolby or something like this.

Thanks a lot
Firlefanz

Traveler
05-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Hi Firlefanz, nice to see you're still around.
I'm afraid I can't help you with your question. I do however want to warn you that my antivirus software (avg) has blocked your website magicstorm.de. It appears to contain malicious (javascript) code.

Hadron Games
05-08-2010, 09:39 PM
To add to what Traveler said, I can confirm the same problem with Avast 5. It shows the infection type as: HTML:IFrame-OC[Trj]

paul_nicholls
06-08-2010, 12:13 AM
I also get a warning using Google Chrome:

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at magicstorm.de contains elements from the site 113.11.194.177, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for 113.11.194.177.
Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.

cheers,
Paul

Brainer
06-08-2010, 06:12 AM
Maybe you should give FMOD a go? But I'm afraid that both FMOD and BASS are paid for commercial purposes and they ain't dirt cheap, unfortunately.

User137
06-08-2010, 07:17 AM
OpenAL can play ogg files and support positional sounds, for free.

Firlefanz
06-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Okay, thanks for the hint with the homepage:)

I will have a google after OpenAL, thanks.
Sounds interesting...

jdarling
06-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Here is some information related to the virus present on your site: http://www.qualitycodes.com/tutorial.php?articleid=29&title=IFrame-code-injection-by-VirusTrojan-Whats-the-solution

Amazing lil bugger, and a bitch to get rid of.

- Jeremy

igel457
06-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Probably Audorra (http://audorra.sf.net/) is something for you, but Dolby or EAX or other proprietary things are not supported by this library.

You can - however - playback OGG files using the ogg libraries or Acinerella (which is GPL) and place sounds in a multi-speaker environment.

Firlefanz
08-08-2010, 06:03 AM
Tahnks for the hint with Audora.

And thanks for the other hint, I yesterday installed a new OS on my pc :)

Now I have to get rid of the virus on the homepage when I get time to...