PDA

View Full Version : Delphi 6 & Windows 7

Wizard
13-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Hi everyone. I decided to post here in the hope that someone had the same problem and can offer some advice. I use Delphi 6 as IDE for my game projects and recently I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7.

Delphi is running fine but some of my projects won't compile. It is not a library dependent problem as projects with and without DirectX will/will not compile. So the problem must be with my Delphi version or with Windows 7.

I took total ownership of Program files but the problem still persist, I do not want to re-install Delphi to c:\.

Any ideas?

User137
13-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Did you try running Delphi as administrator (right click shortcut, open properties etc)? Also, by "won't compile" what does it mean, what happens?

Wizard
13-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Yes, I tried running it as Administrator and no change. I also changed compatibility to Vista and XP but no change. Before Win 7 I had Vista ultimate and everything worked 100 %.

By not compiling I mean the following:

Open project.
Press F9 or green arrow to compile.
Delphi briefly sais running but nothing happens, the project does not compile and it returns to design time interface.

User137
14-08-2010, 01:17 PM
...some of my projects won't compile...
It does seem like project-dependant problem then? Folder rights, unit paths, used components or something...

I just installed Delphi 7 in Win7 and tried a couple of old applications (some including DelphiX) with no issues. Didn't change any rights or run in admin or anything.

Wizard
15-09-2010, 01:39 PM
It does seem like project-dependant problem then? Folder rights, unit paths, used components or something...

I just installed Delphi 7 in Win7 and tried a couple of old applications (some including DelphiX) with no issues. Didn't change any rights or run in admin or anything.
Just to update. I started changing user rights and ownership (hint: Do NOT do this) to test and eventually had to re-install Windows. Now running Windows 7, SP1 (Beta) and after re-installing Delphi 6 as administrator everything is working again...pweew!!!

WILL
15-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Hrm... lessons learned I see. I wonder though, how does Turbo Delphi function on Windows 7?

Traveler
15-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Sadly, Turbo Delphi isn't available anymore (source (http://www.turboexplorer.com/)). So I guess we'll never know the answer to your question. :(