PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Consoles; Whats your platform?

WILL
29-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Hey all, I can't recall this question being asked so as I was curious, I just which next gen consoles do you all own? I left out portable systems since they're really in a category of their own and the gaming experience is totally different anyhow. Not that they are bad, just that a hard-core gamer would have a console instead. :)

Personally I have a PS3 and a Wii, but the last one is mainly for my fiance, with the exception of the New Super Mario Brothers and maybe that new Metroid, Other M game. It looks interesting.

I've allowed you to vote up to 3 times in this poll so if you have all 3 major systems, you can select them all if you need.

dazappa
30-08-2010, 12:29 AM
All I have is a Wii because I am a relatively light console gamer and like the major titles Nintendo puts out. (Light gamer meaning, I bought the Wii because I don't care extreme amounts about the graphics, and because I play so little I didn't want to spend a ton of money on the 360/ps3)

czar
30-08-2010, 04:37 AM
consoles don't do it for me. Don't like the controls don't generally like the games. However, the IPad is brilliant as a casual game platform. In my house it is used an awful lot by the kids, my wife or myself.

WILL
30-08-2010, 07:39 AM
The iPad is pretty neat. The only things stopping me from getting one is the fairly high price tag on it and the fact that, from what I can tell, it's more iPhone than it is iMac. Which kinda puts me off of it because of the reputation that mobile phones have as far as apps go. I'll probably get one eventually, once enough functionality strikes me as 'worth it,' but until then I'll wait for the price to start going down.

One of the major benefits I got out of my PS3 is that it's a BluRay player and I'm a movie buff. And since I now live in a rinky dink town where there isn't a nice stadium seating movie theater, it serves me well for that one feature alone. Plus the fact that it does so much other than games that no other simple BluRay player can do. I have a media server running on my computer that streams all my music and any videos I want to watch, for example. I could list it all off, but I'd just sound like a Sony employee. :D

dazappa
30-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Heh, I wouldn't get the PS3 because of its bluray player... it's becoming a more standard tech now anyway. eg: The laptop I purchased this year has one built in.

chronozphere
31-08-2010, 11:49 AM
I've got no game console and to be honest, I'm not that interested. :P

PC is the most flexible platform of them all. A good gaming PC generally has better hardware than most of the consoles today (Allthough the PS3 will out-perform most of 'em).
Also, I'm not much of a gamer. I'm more of a tech guy who likes to mess around, so there's no point in buying an expensive console. I don't even own a TV to connect it to, nor do I have room for one. ;)

Stoney
31-08-2010, 11:59 AM
I have one of these fancy XBox 360 Slim. The main reason I bought this is that I can actually develop for the XBox platform and play all these cool indie games (Limbo for example). AAA titles are more of a bonus to me which I usually buy from my local GameStop from the "Used Games"-section and only if there is a special offer like "Buy 3 games, pay for 2" or something like that.
I had an original XBox a few years back, but it was too loud for my taste.

de_jean_7777
31-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Currently the only console I have is a Playstation One (wasted at least 4 years of my life on it, and don't regret it). But, I might get an XBox 360 and a PS2 from my uncle soon. When I was a kid I used to have several famicom clones. I'm kinda dying to also have a PS3 and play Gran Turismo 5, but I don't think I'll have the money for it in the foreseeable time (or at all). Still, I prefer a PC for gaming and really hate it that some console games don't exist for it (like Gran Turismo or Ace Combat or Final Fantasy).

WILL
07-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Hey I'm sure that there are more people with consoles here! :P

paul_nicholls
07-09-2010, 11:57 PM
I have a Nintendo Wii, and a playstation 2.

I don't know when I last used the playstation though, it was a few years ago! LOL

I have used the Wii much more recently :)

cheers,
Paul