PDA

View Full Version : Food for a coder

chronozphere
03-09-2010, 12:50 AM
This question just came to my mind when I started to get hungry after hours of work. I often find it annoying that I have to eat while I'm working. :D It keeps me from focussing on my work.

I often eat small things to keep me from getting hungry. This doesn't work very well when I'm working late (like today. almost 3:00AM phew). I'll probably go and get myself a pile of pizza's tomorrow, because there's not enough good edible stuff in the house. And eating six apples a day doesn't make me happy either. :S

So, what do you eat (and drink)? What kind of food is practical and enjoyable for code monkeys? :)

WILL
03-09-2010, 05:18 AM
I don't usually eat, but instead I have a drink of some sort. Usually something cold, but from time to time, mostly in the winter something hot.

JSoftware
03-09-2010, 07:26 AM
I don't usually eat, but instead I have a drink of some sort. Usually something cold, but from time to time, mostly in the winter something hot.

Same here. Either a beer, water or coffee

de_jean_7777
03-09-2010, 02:18 PM
I rarely snack during coding. I code until I get hungry (and sometimes I don't even notice), and then I eat a full meal in the kitchen. Nothing like pizza, but something home cooked.

code_glitch
04-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Keep the stomach at bay while you hoard off the bugs... 1 litre of pepsi-max, 36 bisuits and 1 packet of crisps with 2 slabs of chocolate a day keeps the grumbling quiet. And thanks to an over the top metabolism I don't gain a pound. Isn't life brilliant? :D

arthurprs
04-09-2010, 02:57 PM
snack :D

NecroDOME
04-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Pizza is the best:
- You can code while someone delivers it to you!
- You only have to open the door, then you can run back to your computer and eat it while coding!
- No plate needed as it's delivered into a box that folds open like a plate!
- Next to keep you awake: cola!

bottom line: pizza's for teh win!!

WILL
07-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Pizza is a good food choice for coders. You can even get all your fruit and vegetable intake too!

chronozphere
07-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Pizza is a good food choice for coders. You can even get all your fruit and vegetable intake too!

Guess what, I just ate one. :D PIZZA FTW ZOMG! :o

JSoftware
08-09-2010, 09:16 AM
The only problem with pizza is that you tend to get messy fingers

The only way to remedy that is to simply use the keyboard anyway. Over time a sort of membrane will start to grow on the keys that absorbs the grease :P

WILL
08-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Eew, not the keyboard! :o

Well it would depend on what pizza place you ordered from. Some crusts are different from others. ie. Here in NA there is Pizza Hut with their greasy crusts, but if you were to order from say Panago, it's not greasy at all. Then again from some places it can be kinda 'dusty' from the flower they use. So depending on where you order, I guess you may be trading one mess for another unless they have some kinda 'clean' type crust.

chronozphere
08-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Eew, not the keyboard! :o

Well it would depend on what pizza place you ordered from. Some crusts are different from others. ie. Here in NA there is Pizza Hut with their greasy crusts, but if you were to order from say Panago, it's not greasy at all. Then again from some places it can be kinda 'dusty' from the flower they use. So depending on where you order, I guess you may be trading one mess for another unless they have some kinda 'clean' type crust.

I just buy my pizza's at the supermarket and throw them into the oven. My fingers don't get messy at all. I just have to make sure I don't eat while hanging over my keyboard, or the crumbles will meet it's inside. :P

WILL
08-09-2010, 06:28 PM
I couldn't image having to clean inside my keyboard. I have an Apple WiFi keyboard. It's practically solid aluminum, except for the keys and the back panel.

paul_nicholls
08-09-2010, 10:20 PM
For what it's worth, if I was eating pizza by the computer (as I sometimes do at work during lunch), I use a knife and fork so I don't get messy :)

cheers,
Paul

NecroDOME
09-09-2010, 07:30 AM
I tried to use my keyboard (toetsenBORD (dutch joke)) as plate and my mouse wire to cut the pizza... it was no success... However USB connectors seem to be a decent fork :butt: .
:D :D :D

Traveler
09-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Haha, you guys really should eat more healthy. What about this:
http://www.targetwoman.com/image/sandwich.jpg

NecroDOME
09-09-2010, 10:47 AM
I miss the tomato juice... almost looks like a pizza...

paul_nicholls
09-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Haha, you guys really should eat more healthy. What about this:
http://www.targetwoman.com/image/sandwich.jpg

OMG! how could you physically eat such a tall roll?!?

:D

cheers,
Paul

chronozphere
09-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Just throw it in the blender and make a nice stew out of it. :o ;)

NecroDOME
09-09-2010, 07:28 PM
I think if you it half an hour on it you ca also eat it a lot easier :D