PDA

View Full Version : Articles, Blogs and Bears, Oh My!

WILL
16-09-2010, 07:58 AM
So who is planning on posting a blog or a bear? I mean Blog? :P

I've already started the ball rolling with my first blog and my re-posted articles (a new one will appear once a week or so) and a couple that I'm writing currently. The first one is a beginner's guide to starting with Object Pascal and the next will be a tutorial on A* Pathfinding.

Have any questions on the CMS or attachment limits, or anything else?

Traveler
16-09-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm probably going to start one real soon. Quite possibly this weekend.

AthenaOfDelphi
16-09-2010, 06:58 PM
I shall port my articles over when I've done with this years studies in a week or two... maybe I'll get around to writing some more :-)

WILL
17-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Sounds great, can't wait to see what you'll come up with. :)

de_jean_7777
04-10-2010, 10:33 PM
I've written an article, but I can't seem to publish it. What do I do? It says 'not published' with red letters, but there is no option for publishing. Will I be able to edit the article after I publish it?

WILL
04-10-2010, 11:21 PM
In order... That's right. Contact an admin or moderator. It's configured that way. And I'm not 100% sure, but I believe so.

The rights that have been setup for Regular members allow and member to create and save their articles, but not publish them. At least not by themselves. This is kind of a good thing because it'll regulate what get put up such as spammers, articles with technical mistakes and those that prefer others to proof-read their spelling/grammar, and so on.

Once you have a new article ready to be published, PM one of us or the Staff member dedicated to Moderating the CMS Articles section. (which is a position that needs to be filled!) We'll have a look and as long as there aren't any serious issues, we'll gladly publish it.

Since I already know about it, don't bother contacting me through PM right now. I'll have a look and as long as it's all tickity-boo I'll publish it for ya. :)

Also, you can set publish dates if you want to have it published on a specific date. Publishing how two make a falling snow demo for Christmas, for example. Or just to spread your articles out if you're super ambitious and are writing 5 at the same time. :P

de_jean_7777
04-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks Will.

NecroDOME
05-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I already have a blog... I'm trying to keep it up-to-date. ~2 posts per month...
I have no plans to blog also on this site. However I try to check the forums sometimes and give some useless reply's like this one :P