PDA

View Full Version : Hadron Games - New Website!

Hadron Games
19-09-2010, 01:40 AM
We finally got our new site (http://hadrongames.com) up today. For a while we had been using SMF+MODs and it worked well. The major problem was the pain when you needed update the MODs. They have to be installed/uninstalled in a certain order and some times things get broken. The more MODs you use the more pain, sigh. Finally we had enough and switched back to using Joomla. So we're happy to announce our brand new website for 2010. There are few things yet to be done, but the base site is up and operational.
(http://hadrongames.com)

farcodev
19-09-2010, 03:37 PM
godd work ! :)

Hadron Games
19-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Coolness, thanks.

arthurprs
22-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi Jarrod, please excuse my question but i'm curious. You are around for a long time selling commertial solutions for 2d games, how is the business going? And what are the main customers?

Hadron Games
23-09-2010, 02:39 AM
@arthurprs

I've been making engines and games since 1994. What eventually became HGE has been in development since around 2001. I made it to make my own game projects... some people where interested in it so I'm fixed up for 3d party use. My main goal has always been designing it for my own stuff. If others can use it, great.

My business model is not geared toward engine middleware (it's just one of the business units), the main focus will be developing and publishing smaller downloadable arcade games. All the feedback from 3rd party use has/is/well continue to shape it into a better product. You are free to use HGE is any freeware/educational use. If you're making mega bucks then all I ask is a small one time indie friendly license fee. You get free upgrades, you and your team are allowed to use it, etc, etc.

Just like engine middleware, the hosting is another business unit. It too really is to help devs making HGE based projects an affordable hosting solution. All of this helping to grow HGE and a community around it.

Things are good. Main customers are mostly indie devs. i've learned a lot (mainly through trial and error) over the 10 years and finally pulling things together to get it going as I envisioned.

One thing is for sure, even a small online business requires lots of work and dedication.

arthurprs
24-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Quite encouraging :D
Thanks for your thoughts