PDA

View Full Version : "+ Reply to Thread" Button

User137
12-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Under other people's messages there is "+ Reply to Thread" button. When i press the button there appear textbox to write your message. Then i press it again, accidentally, because it is the biggest button that looks like "Send" only to see my whole message disappear in the hyperspace :S I should have pressed the small almost background colored "Post quick reply" button instead...

So... could the button be hidden after messagebox is opened?

WILL
12-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Hmm... not sure. It does seem silly to have it visible after it's been clicked. Maybe Christina knows. If not I'll have a look into it if I can.

AthenaOfDelphi
12-10-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm going to have to say that I think the answer is no... at least, thats not without some script/template/page butchery.

code_glitch
12-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh can i Just say I've done that twice today. Maybe I should make a group 'Those who hit the big shiny reply button instead of the send one'. Lol.

User137
14-10-2010, 01:31 PM
LOL now i did similar thing again! I simply pressed backspace when the reply-box wasn't selected (might've clicked somewhere by accident) => *Happens same as if you press Navigate back button* - All writing lost. I can't ask to fix that as its more of a browser specific behaviour and often handy too... It's just that writing the long story again don't feel motivating.

WILL
14-10-2010, 04:42 PM
I've actually found that using FireFox sometimes saves me from such a fate like User137's. On the odd occasion, I've somehow accidentally navigated away from my posting textbox and in an "oh no" moment, I've used my browser's back button to get back to my page and luckily the text in the textbox was still cached. Oh, how I love FireFox. :)