PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone given the Lazarus support a try?

WILL
23-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Well since the 1.1 release a couple of months ago it seems that GLScene now supports Lazarus 100%. Has anyone given it a whirl yet? Is anyone interested?

http://glscene.sourceforge.net/

Matthias
25-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Well, about one or two years ago I tried Lazarus/GLScene and even then it worked very well already. Now that they seem to support it 100% officially, it should be a very interesting combination. I'm interested :).

code_glitch
25-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Sorry, but what exactly is the point of GLScene? All I can see it as is to speed up graphical application development, but isnt that what lazarus was for?

Just wondering. Finally got my compiler and IDE working and started taking a look over Prometheus and commiting some revisions again. No windows here though. Dont know if thats a good or bad thing.

Oh, and would any lazarus users consider ditching it to return to plain old fpc only? Just wondering how different/radical it is.

cheers, and sorry for the slightly off-topicness but I might consider leaping into lazarus and giving it a whirl. It could add to the list of new things on my setup.
code_glitch.

WILL
25-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Sorry, but what exactly is the point of GLScene?

GLScene is a framework, just like Asphyre, DelphiX and Andorria. Except it focuses on OpenGL based 3D graphics.

dazappa
10-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Doesn't want to compile under Ubuntu.