PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages

BlueCat
09-11-2002, 11:58 AM
Just a quick note to our newer members, at the top of each page is a link to your private messages. If it says something like 'You have 1 new message', click on it and you'll see your inbox. You can send messages to other members too. I have about 10 unread messages in my outbox at the moment so thought it was worth bringing this to your attention :D

While I'm announcing, how's everyone finding the site? Anything we could do better? No need for (too many) thankyou type messages :roll:

TheLion
09-11-2002, 12:12 PM
I love the site a lot! :) I like the idea of talking to other Delphi Game programmers and seeing that they sometimes run into the same problems as I do or (in most cases) that I still have a lot to learn! :)

Only thing I kinda miss is a chatbox, so you can chat with other members that are online, it might be just me who misses that though! :)

BlueCat
09-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Only thing I kinda miss is a chatbox, so you can chat with other members that are online, it might be just me who misses that though! :)

I'll look into that. I've no idea how it would work, help please :?:

iLLUNis
09-11-2002, 12:30 PM
Good morning......as far as i know there are some free chat templates on the net thet you can setup quite easily and customise them a bit. I used once one of them. I could look into into and see what i come up with.

TheLion
09-11-2002, 12:59 PM
Well there are several possibilities... A friend of mine uses this chatbox, which seems to use the SQL DataBase (no idea how it works though) : http://smartor.is-root.com/

another way would be to either use an applet or ActiveX (I prefer the applet) and then there is the possibility (I think) to use PHP with IRC, I believe the commands you need to connect to an IRC server are allready included in PHP, never used them though!

Zanthos
10-11-2002, 06:18 PM
getting an Afternet channel and IRC Java Applet would be what i'd do :) When i'm online i'm in at least one IRC channel and logged in to MSN Messenger, but if I'm coding I rarely have IE open :)