PDA

View Full Version : Online avatar world

hassah
28-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Hey,

I need your input on my latest program, called the AWorld, a chat world with avatar support,

please check it out and email me if you have any problems at baggermail@gmx.net

download it at
www.thevirtualplace.com

ive just made a new registering system, you'll need to register an account on the website before you can log into the aworld itself.

Cheers!
Marius

hassah
18-11-2003, 10:23 AM
New version is up!

http://www.thevirtualplace.com

http://81.171.8.56/tvp/shots/shot_small.jpg

New features:

Main chat window with smiley support.

Decorate a room with urr stuff (chairs and such)

Make money by staying in the AWorld ($1 virtual cash/ 15 seconds)

A shop to buy furniture and such.

A bot system is almost finished with help of DWS.

Many more...

WILL
18-11-2003, 10:53 AM
Hey, thats a really neat idea. I hope you can keep it going. i can see it being a hit eventually. :)

hassah
18-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Thanx dude!

Ive worked long and hard on it, still has the usual (logical) bugs. But its getting there.
Hey if you have any ideas or such for it, i would like to hear em cause im almost out of my list to do... :P

Cheers!

WILL
18-11-2003, 10:15 PM
Hmm... well you'd want to have as many things that other users would be able to interact between each other as much as possible. That'll be what adds the need to use your software/network, etc.

:idea: ie. the idea of walking to another user's "house" and being able to negotiate files and other information would be super cool.

:idea: Perhaps if you would allow users to bartter items from each other. ie. "art" for example? And music? Anything creative. I'm sure that there is a whole community in the MOD music scene that would like this idea. Imagine an online virtual pawn shop.

:idea: You could make a walking sprite set(some default sets like in an RPG) and allow others to make their own. These would represent them when they walk around and the Avatars would be when they talk with one annother?

:idea: add-on mini games like a shooting galary! :) You'll have to pay for with 'vBucks'! :) And it downlaods through the program it's self.

:idea: The city will grow and you'll need to have mayors and other possitions and titles, etc...

:idea: Have realms that each have a feel and look to them. Allow people to have their own theme music. Let people found a town. And when founding a realm you'd have to teleport via some vPortal system to get there... maybe there would be a main station like a waiting area for trains? All portals connect from there. Or a set of 5 waiting stations that connect to each other on a line, but each relm has to have a portal connected from one of those... Hmm... like star-trek like transporters. Doesn't matter which one you go in in a specific terminal, you pick the relm or location that you are going to either way.

:twisted: It would be more realistic to allow bad stuff to happen too. Violence, theft, hacking, etc, but that might be a bad idea. ;)

:idea: Maybe if you made a gladiator type of add-on using my 'add-on game' idea. You'd make 'Bot's and these bots would fight it out and train, etc... hmm... that sounds familiar. :?

Hmm... that should be enough to go on for now... Let me know if any of them are workable?

hassah
19-11-2003, 09:10 AM
Excellent ideas mate!

There are still some bugs I will have to fix before I can start on these features. (In the beginning I used the room's filename to identify an unique room, but now the room name and room filename should pair as an unique identifier.. stuff like that)

I think I'll start on getting the file sharing working (Its at about 60%) and the file search for it. Then I'll create some nicer looking rooms for each type of file sharing. (you will have a room called 'Music room' for eg.)
Im no artist so I'll try to rip as many as possible good looking tiles from the net.
After this, I'll make a better room editor, integrated in the AWorld and when you start in the AWorld you can create a room in every 'system' room (Music room, Main world map, etc)

I'll post in here when the above is finished.... urr this could take a while lol

Also... Im thinking of rewriting the graphic engine core and making it all OpenGL (with GLscene) ... What do you think ?

Cheers mate thanx for the excellent ideas!

hassah
24-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Ive restyled the website and the bot interpreter is active, also you can add your profile via the website...

What do you think of the new website ? (www.thevirtualplace.com)
(Works in IE5+ still working on NS4.7+)

Cheers!
M