PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for Ludum Dare 19?

Stoney
13-12-2010, 09:07 PM
I already added Ludum Dare 19 to the calendar, but I don't know if anyone noticed, so I decided to start a new thread. Ludum Dare is this week-end, theme voting has started and I'm this time. Anyone else? It would be nice to have a few pascal games like back in April.

code_glitch
13-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Whats the objective/rules for the competition? I might consider joining in ;)

Stoney
13-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Well, the rules are simple:
- You have 48 hours to create game on the theme voted by the community
- All of the assets in your game have to be created by yourself
- You can use your favorite engine or existing base code as long as you announce it on the official blog

There is also a more relaxed jam. More information about the rules: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/rules/

JSoftware
14-12-2010, 12:03 AM
I will try, but I start the friday night, before the start off, by getting very drunk. Those LD's are always rather badly placed in relation to something like that :/

But I'm sure I'll try. The hardest part is always getting the good idea :P The content and the code isn't any problem :)

chronozphere
14-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Wow. thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunatly I do have some exams next week, so I have to be carefull. I might join but it depends on the theme and on how much time I actually have during that weekend. :)

farcodev
14-12-2010, 06:09 PM
sorry it's not for me too, no spare time for that :(

dazappa
16-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Well, we'll see how things turn out I suppose. I have to send my shiny laptop in for repairs (fall sensor for the hdd is repeatedly having false alarms), so I've been working on backing it up. I still have my quite slower desktop and netbook, but the dev tools I use are going to be heavily dependent on the theme. Ideally, I would like to use andorra or zgl, andorra because it has pixel perfect collisions... but sadly there were a lot of people getting unexplainable errors trying to run my LD entry last time. (I may not use pascal at all)

paul_nicholls
17-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Well, we will see how my time goes as to if I enter :)

cheers,
Paul

Stoney
18-12-2010, 02:14 AM
The theme has been announced: It is Discovery.

chronozphere
18-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Joining won't be such a good idea for me. I just woke up, so I allready lost 1/4th of my time. Also, I have to write a parser in Haskell and prep exams this weekend. :(

Hope they'll do another one during the winter of 2011. :)