PDA

View Full Version : Is this... Useful?

code_glitch
05-01-2011, 06:02 PM
I was looking around at what to add in to prometheus_video. And I had a sort of a brainwave: how about a guage system???

I had an idea of two types of guage, a bar, and a circular one with fixed centerpiece.. Would anyone actually use this or not? And would it be worth implementing?

PS: I am working on the audio. Seriously.

chronozphere
06-01-2011, 09:15 AM
I think that most of the people would just go for the bar. Special controls like a circular gauge are quite game-specific. If people want to have that, they will probably want to tweak it's appearance anyway. If I were you, I would focus on the core of your library and let others make the special GUI controls they need. :)

code_glitch
06-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Indeed. Although, since my focus at the moment was primitives and etc... I thought it might be the time to add this in. It would only need a few lines of code to implement it ;) so i thought it may be a jice ting to have.

WILL
06-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Simplified UI stuff is always nice, because for some, designing nice menu screens or an in-game interface is always one of the more tedious tasks for game development unless you are using someone else's library.

code_glitch
07-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Since some of th new code is going rather well, i dont see any harm in adding this... Don't intend on making it a primary focus though, so it may be a little robust for a while ;0