PDA

View Full Version : Some GLXTreem Questions...

Abened
08-09-2003, 08:14 PM
First of all, GLXTreem rocks ! :)
Now some install problems :
1- The exe installer didn't work (Delphi 7 Pro) it let me chose my delphi version and then ... nothing ! :) so i used the manual way
2 - The file GLXTreem.dcr wasn't found (i made some research on the Hard Drive but it wasn't there) so i was forced of deleting it from the project ...
3 - (May be de to 2) Some code didn't compile ... it looks like it was some part about multitexturing (in GLXImageList, procedure TGLXMultiTexturing.Initialize). I changed those lines to comments and it worked fine ;)

And finally some OpenGL problems :
1 - I do not figure why some texture are rotated ... for example i made some cube using a simple texture composed of blacl & withe squares (for a checkers game) but i couldn't get it right enven by using something like this :

glPushMatrix;
glLoadIdentity;
glRotatef(TexX,1,0,0);
GLXD.Primitives.DrawCube(0,0,0,450,0,450);
glPopMatrix;

2 - How can i export the textures used in 3DSMax in some bmp files to be used by GLXTreem cause the test i've made barely went with material colors (enven if this isn't quite related to GLXT).

But again thx for all this good work, and go on this way !!!

Abened
08-09-2003, 08:17 PM
I got it for the texture issue ! I wasn't using textures of good size (90*90) ! I made it 128*128 and it works perfect, thanks to me :)

Andreaz
09-09-2003, 02:19 PM
First of all, GLXTreem rocks ! :)
Now some install problems :
1- The exe installer didn't work (Delphi 7 Pro) it let me chose my delphi version and then ... nothing ! :) so i used the manual way
2 - The file GLXTreem.dcr wasn't found (i made some research on the Hard Drive but it wasn't there) so i was forced of deleting it from the project ...
3 - (May be de to 2) Some code didn't compile ... it looks like it was some part about multitexturing (in GLXImageList, procedure TGLXMultiTexturing.Initialize). I changed those lines to comments and it worked fine ;)

And finally some OpenGL problems :
1 - I do not figure why some texture are rotated ... for example i made some cube using a simple texture composed of blacl & withe squares (for a checkers game) but i couldn't get it right enven by using something like this :

glPushMatrix;
glLoadIdentity;
glRotatef(TexX,1,0,0);
GLXD.Primitives.DrawCube(0,0,0,450,0,450);
glPopMatrix;

2 - How can i export the textures used in 3DSMax in some bmp files to be used by GLXTreem cause the test i've made barely went with material colors (enven if this isn't quite related to GLXT).

But again thx for all this good work, and go on this way !!!

Thanks alot, it's apriciated !

Here's the solutions:

1. Th installer is a hard thing to get working properly. Had problems with it since release 1. I'll do a bugtest more until next version. When problems occures please mail the file Bin\Install.log to me (d01anla@stud.hh.se)

2. My mistake, i missed that file in the last release, here is it: http://hem.passagen.se/glxtreem/download.htm?Source/GLXTreem.dcr

3. Just tried myself (D7 PRO aswell) , it worked, make sure u don't mix old with new files.

OpenGL:
1. As you said on some graphics cards and non power of 2 (2, 4, 16, 32, 64 ...) textures are totally ****ed up, nothing i can do about it however.

2. I'm not very good at 3ds but the 3ds must have real textures from bitmaps etc, but you can always render the texture in 3ds and save it and then use the rendered picture as a bitmaptexture instead.

btw, the page is currently offline, i'm working on some new hosting deals.

Edit:
Put GLXTreem.dcr in the folder Source\

Abened
09-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Ok thx again, now with the .dcr file it compiles & i've got the icons :D but the the errors are still here ... :(

(I just add some problems coz' my browser thought that a .dcr file was a shockwave plugin but i finally made it work)

And for the 3DSMax question i was in fact wondering what files were used when i use some material. They seem to be saved all in .mat file so i can't extract only the 2 i use for example, and i don't know how to specify that the texture i want is a bmp that will be in the same folder as the mesh... not a big issue though... :?

Finally, would you be able to add a Half Life BMP &/or model loader cause i understand much more HL than Q3 :)

Hey, and if i do some game using GLXTreem i'll send you :)

Andreaz
09-09-2003, 05:12 PM
To get the materials in 3ds you can use Diffuse->Bitmap as material, it then works when exporting. (Save the texture in the same folder as the 3ds).

Can you describe the error more detailed, the exact error message etc ?

And about HL models, i have never seen a loader for it but i think Milkshape3D can convert them to MD3 files with ease.