PDA

View Full Version : Marjor sounds problem - any suggestions welcome

czar
18-01-2011, 08:06 AM
HI all,

We have been using DanjetX and Omega (disocntinued) for many years now and have had very few issues to deal with.

Until today, we have discovered that on Asus eb1012p computers the sound initialisation freezes for about 40 seconds.

In both djxaudio.pas and omega the sound is initialised like this

m_DJXAudio.m_Performance.CreateStandardAudioPath(
DMUS_APATH_DYNAMIC_3D,
True,
m_AudioPath
);

The software freezes dead in its tracks for close to a minute before continuing without further problems. The machines have Windows 7 64 bit with realtek audio chipset and nvidia ion. I have tried older drivers (it came with the latest), I have updated the nvidia drivers I have tried everything I could think of and nothing works.

On other windows 7 64 bit computers also with a realtek audio there is no problem, only these particular machines
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=3qRH01yHQFgo84hY

I am hoping someone might have a good idea. As I understand it the interface is using DirectX 8.

Tomorrow I will try a few other long shots but I am seriously stuck on this issue. If it was a one-off wait of 40 seconds I wouldn't be too concerned but our software runs maybe 30 modules an hour all having to initialise their own sound. While the kids sit there twiddling their thumbs.

Any ideas?

czar
19-01-2011, 12:31 AM
After working on it for another 4 hours this morning I believe it is a hardware issue. The old directx headers is part of directx 8 and is deprecated and obviously not well supported by this hardware. After trying everything including using a vista 64 bit driver from 2006 I ended up disabling onboard sound and plugging in a USB soundblaster play. Everything is working well. Now I have to tell our franchisee that he has to buy 8 USB sound cards to work around this issue ;)