PDA

View Full Version : My first post, be nice to me! ;)

ITLarry
06-02-2011, 12:42 AM
Hello all, this is my first post here, just getting familiar with the place!

de_jean_7777
06-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Hello. Welcome to PGD, I hope you'll have a great time here.

Jonax
06-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Howdy mate!

I'm fairly new here too. Great site but slow and tedious to make a post. Takes ages due to the spam prevention :o

WILL
06-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi guys and welcome to PGD. :)

Well it's true that at first your posts are moderated, but once we see a straight and honest post from you that's obviously not spam (of which we catch a lot and daily!) we like to try to fast-track you into the group with everyone else as a regular member. Much like you are now I see. ;)

We do receive a high volume of spam at times, and a lot of it tried to be convincing so as to read like a real person talking about real things, however they do often tip their hands and we know how to catch them. At least we have been so far. Initially getting signed up might take some time, but we promise that it's worth the effort to help prevent all the spam from making it to the forums.

Please enjoy PGD, we work hard to make it a nice place for indie developers to learn and share ideas and information with others.

Jonax
06-02-2011, 07:01 PM
:) I'm totally convinced it is worth waiting for the regular status.

getter77
08-02-2011, 03:02 AM
I'm also a newcomer, though I've been stalking the place for a fair while now. Strikes me as an area that'll see interesting developments here in 2011 on the game dev side of things, and perhaps I can manage to come to be a part of it. Heh, already sent my first random PM this evening so we'll see how an avenue goes. 8)

Shame about the spam, but it could be worse I suppose.

farcodev
08-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Welcome ITLarry in this cool pascal community :)