PDA

View Full Version : Glscene Ubuntu Working ?

Carver413
11-02-2011, 01:59 AM
Hi,
I'm trying to install glscene on Ubuntu 10.10
I have Lazarus installed in my home dir. not sure why I did that or how (still new to linux).
anyway Lazarus seems to work fine there. It can recompile from there and I've been useing it for some time with no problems. now I'm tring to install glsene latest downloadable snapshot. it seems to compile fine but then I get linking error's when rebuilding lazarus.

/usr/bin/ld: warning: ../link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXxf86vm
/home/carver413/lazarus/ide/lazarus.pp(127,1) Error: Error while linking
/home/carver413/lazarus/ide/lazarus.pp(127,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping

don't have a clue what is needed here. please help

Andru
11-02-2011, 05:14 AM
You should install these dev-packages: libgl1-mesa-dev, libglu1-mesa-dev and libxxf86vm-dev

Carver413
11-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks that did the trick. I'm trying to get the ODE to compile now I installed libode-dev (just guessing) but I'm still missing something.

/home/carver413/programing/GLScene_v1.1_October_2010_SVN_revision_5227/Source/PhysicsAPIs/GLSModuleLoader.pas(1,1) Fatal: Can't find unit Libc used by GLSModuleLoader

Andru
11-02-2011, 02:44 PM
/home/carver413/programing/GLScene_v1.1_October_2010_SVN_revision_5227/Source/PhysicsAPIs/GLSModuleLoader.pas(1,1) Fatal: Can't find unit Libc used by GLSModuleLoader
There is no libc unit in FreePascal for 64-bit Linux, and not recommended to use it on 32-bit Linux. So, this is a problem with GLScene. Try to remove Libc from uses in GLSModuleLoader.pas, and add these functions after implementation:

function dlopen ( Name : PChar; Flags : longint) : Pointer; cdecl; external 'dl';
function dlclose( Lib : Pointer) : Longint; cdecl; external 'dl';
function dlsym ( Lib : Pointer; Name : Pchar) : Pointer; cdecl; external 'dl';

Maybe it will help, but I can't guarantee this :)

code_glitch
11-02-2011, 03:53 PM
oh, that darn libc again. i made the mistake too but mine took a week to solve. i however do not believe the cdecl to be necessary - i have yet to find a lib that needs it

Carver413
12-02-2011, 02:50 PM
There is no libc unit in FreePascal for 64-bit Linux, and not recommended to use it on 32-bit Linux. So, this is a problem with GLScene. Try to remove Libc from uses in GLSModuleLoader.pas, and add these functions after implementation:

function dlopen ( Name : PChar; Flags : longint) : Pointer; cdecl; external 'dl';

thanks I'll give it a try

gintasdx
17-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Somebody got it working with the latest SVN snapshot?

code_glitch
17-04-2011, 10:18 PM
What errors are you having trouble with? might be that you are missing some dev libs...

JSoftware
17-04-2011, 10:22 PM

Oh, and instead of doing this, then import the dl unit, or even better: the dynlibs unit

code_glitch
17-04-2011, 10:33 PM
It only just dawned on me: dude, no libc? WTF? I mean, I've seen so many libs use that and all I heard was that quite a few people weren't sure whether it was dead or not... Looks like I might need to do some cat and grep to find out if I have any dependencies on it...

At a point, wasn't there 2 libcs? I recall changing LibC to some other package and seeing everything compile fine ???

JSoftware
17-04-2011, 11:01 PM
There's the libc unit and libc C library. The libc unit is very deprecated and stems from Kylix times

code_glitch
18-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Ah, then thats the one I must have recalled instead...

gintasdx
20-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Seems to work just fine after I reinstalled the CodeTyphon,but I didn't tested the graphics thing since I only needed a few non visual components from this engine.
Will try to compile few demos later on...