PDA

View Full Version : When I close a game my pc reboot =(

krayhze
27-09-2003, 05:21 PM
Hi

When I run any demo of GLXtreem lib or any application made with GLXtreem everithing is OK. But when I close those applications, some text in a blue window start to appear and then windows reboot. There isnt much time to read the lines before the pc reboot, but i thing that is something about memory.

Why do this happen?

Andreaz
27-09-2003, 05:29 PM
That's very had to tell. Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card, what os do you have. Are you having problems with any other opengl application, like the ones on NeHe ? And if memory problems, it really shouldn't rebbot the computer.

krayhze
27-09-2003, 05:49 PM
I use pure OpenGL like NeHe and I dont have any problems with it.
My so is Windows XP - Home Edition. But last year i had used GlXtreem (the old one) without any problems. This problem start to appear now and i dont know why. Perhaps its cause I probabily dont have the latest drivers for my graphics card.

Andreaz
27-09-2003, 07:17 PM
Okey, but try to update the drivers for your graphics card, use the Cataclysm (for ati cards) or Detornator (for nvidia cards) drivers. And if it still doesn't work let me know.

What you can test is downloading and compilin anoter delphi OpenGL app and se if the same problem is there, in that case delphi may have crasched and needs reinstallation, test with some of the apps here: http://www.sulaco.co.za

krayhze
28-09-2003, 12:18 AM
I had update the drivers for my graphics card
Problem solved :lol:

Andreaz
28-09-2003, 09:04 AM
No probs, drivers is really important when using openGL or DirectX

Alimonster
28-09-2003, 12:03 PM
Any NT-based operating system, like Windows XP, reboots when a blue-screen occurs. Right click on the "my computer" icon, go to "advanced", then "startup and recovery". There's an option to not automatically restart on a blue screen. Not that it helps much, mind, but sometimes you may be curious about the error and _very occasionally_ you can get lucky by chucking some of the error into Google.