PDA

View Full Version : (best way)prevent actor moving across the buildings and wall

orwa
28-09-2003, 03:56 PM
hi every body .
my name is Orwa . i worked on delphi from a long time ago ..
but i begin with 3D Game developing from few monthes ..
i use Open GL (( GLScene )) ..
in fact i see that i made a wonderfull progress in my game ,
it is a FPS game(first person shoter) , like project IGI for example .
it is now seems an integrated completly Game . every things actors enverument,buildings , shotting ,and i am now working in the cleverness of the game ..

but ................
I have a bug . in fact in << COLLISION DETECTION AND MANGERING>> .
for example when the actor is collision with a building . he must stop moving forward , and slightly moving to left or right for example ,, i do a simple code but it does not work correctly >>
i need to know how i kan prevent actor moving across the buildings and walls and boxes etc...

so Can any body help me pleas .. with a similer code or with an idea ..
thanks alot

Traveler
29-09-2003, 09:15 AM
Hi Orwa, welcome to these forums!

I could not tell from your message what kind of collision detection system you already have, or even if you already have a collision detection system, but depending on the accuracy of the check, you could do a google for '3D (bounding box) collision detection'. There's lots of info to be found on that topic.

orwa
29-09-2003, 11:43 AM
Thanks so mush Traveler ..

ohh ... I am sorry , ..
I use GLScene , and the collision manger component with it .
in fact i see that Collision manager is not working correctly when you rescaling objects , and it make many problems to me ,
some like : it generate a collision detection from a wide distance from the wall ... ??

and other thing that it must be another code for prevent the actor moving forward (or left or right) when it touch the wall , i mean what is the function to know when stop and when walk ..

if you have an answer pleas write me ....
thanks agin .

Traveler
30-09-2003, 09:05 AM
I do not have enough knowlegde of glscene to answer you question properly. I recommend trying it again in the glscene newsgroups

news://forums.talkto.net/glscene.general
news://forums.talkto.net/glscene.support

you could also try the glscene forum here (http://terraqueous.f2o.org/dgdev/viewforum.php?f=19)

Though a better option alltogether would be to move this topic to the glscene forum. One of the mods should do that.

BlueCat
30-09-2003, 09:53 AM
Moved to GLScene forum sir! :salute:

Good luck orwa ;)

orwa
30-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Thanks so much guys ..

i'll do it till last day in my life >>>> ((tomorrow?)) :roll: