PDA

View Full Version : VTDb 2.0

LP
09-10-2003, 12:50 AM
Greets, we'll be releasing beta parts of new Asphyre pack for next few weeks, here's the final part of VTDb 2.0 with AsphyreEx.dll:
http://www.mor.itesm.mx/~al375780/vtdb20.zip
The new VTDb includes some bug-fixes over the old VTDb and has re-written structure and allows multiple encryption algorythms and hash checksums to be used (currently supported hashes: MD4, CRC32, ciphers: 3DES, blowfish, twofish; more to come).

- Lifepower

Clootie
09-10-2003, 07:07 PM
:?: What is Asphyre and VTDb? :?:

Alimonster
10-10-2003, 09:43 PM
:?: What is Asphyre and VTDb? :?:
I've not used Powerdraw yet, so this info may be bad... I think that Asphyre is the working name for the next version of PowerDraw components (in development). I think that VTDb is a database-style component for storing resources of various kinds, which includes things like encryption and compression. But I repeat: you'd best wait for LifePower's response if you want a good answer!

LP
11-10-2003, 06:39 PM
Asphyre is an open-source component pack which will include a variety of components for game development. It basically integrates several component projects we've made before and will have helper components for 2D using 3D hardware (based on PowerDraw 3.x), 2D using software renderer (based on PSR), 3D using 3D hardware (and probably software renderer for it too), input component (keyboard / joysticks), simple data manager (for storing game data, for instance), network components (based on updated PowerNet) and will also include few commercial packages like AsphyreGUI (GUI in Asphyre for both 2D and 3D - in look similar to those in WindowsXP), AsphyreModel / Renderer (3D modelling / rendering components and tools supporting various 3D formats including 3D Studio Max format).
Some of these components are finished, some are under development and some need to be ported, so there's a lot of work right now :wink:

Oh and VTDb stands for Vector-Texture Database, which was originally made to store texture data as vectors; now it can store any type of data - graphics, files, fonts, etc. The data can be compressed, encrypted and hash algorythms are available to ensure data's integrity.

Clootie
11-10-2003, 07:10 PM
Thanks.