PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Racing

cairnswm
16-10-2003, 06:02 AM
I got a great idea for a game last night (While sitting reviewing a very large document for work).

Dragon Racing.

Basically the premise of the game is that you are a dragon - you have entered the Dragon 'Olympics' (or similar great event) and must fly over a course in the shortest time.

As a dragon you of course have all sorts of minions - A forest dragon might have his own pet elves. As the minions of a dragon they are under the control of the dragon and will try and assist the dragon to win by either doing things to help the dragon, hinder his opponents or stop the minions of the other dragons from hindering their own dragon master.

Each scenario will start with the player choosing his minions for the race. This will entail selecting the right 'units' and equiping the units (with weapons, spells etc).

The game will consist of the player controlling the dragon to fly over the course while issueing standard strategy game like commands to the minions to carryout their deeds.

WILL
17-10-2004, 06:38 AM
I don't know why anyone would have passed over this post... :?

This is an awesome idea! But then again I'm thinking of a fully animated StartFox or Freelancer type flight sim(well flight racing sim).

You could make it in the same fassion as Mario Kart or something like it. You can blast opponents with fire/acid/ice blasts as dragons normally do... have to pass through built up areas and forrests... some kind of gauntlet where there will be all kinds of obsticals like any racing game.

It'd have to be 3D though to catch on I think. but an amazing project for sure.

cairnswm
18-10-2004, 05:46 AM
I'm not into 3D game dev so I'd stick to an isometric view. Using standard RTS type controls to control the army and some simple LRUD arrow keys to control the dragon.

I'm starting work on my RTS engine again. Basically from scratch as my previous one could do with some major improvements :)