PDA

View Full Version : Install problem with new version

Mrwb
20-10-2003, 08:39 PM
well, I just downloaded the new version of GLXTreem, and I get the following error while installing in Delphi 6

[Error] GLXtreem_6.dpk(35): Packages 'GLSS_FMOD6' and 'GLXtreem_7' both contain unit 'fmodpresets'

The error occures in the following line
GLSS_FMOD6;
in Glxtreem_6.dpk

Andreaz
20-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Seems like you already have fmod installed, remove it and it will work i thing.

Mrwb
21-10-2003, 05:38 PM
That never crossed my mind... :oops: it works perfectly now :)
Looks really good! :)

Andreaz
22-10-2003, 10:10 AM
Nice :D

Abened
22-10-2003, 12:49 PM
Hi , i got a problem with the installer that i figured out (the same reason because i had other problems with the last version too).
In fact delphi is installed in the directory C:\Delphi 7 (with a space) and when i run the installer it doesn't work because the space breaks the instruction : C:\Delphi is not a valid command ...
So i tried to retype the command line with "" and i got another error message (i don't understant why) : http://perso.club-internet.fr/jbe/GLXTreem.jpg

Finally i did the manual method and i've notice that the first step isn't complete anymore : 1. Add the GLXTreem\Source and GLXTreem\Source\GraphicEx to the libary paths. You must add the fmod dir too...
Doing all that it worked :)
Hope you can add some "" in your installer and the installation of fmod in the alternative method ! (What i said doesn't change my opinion on this cool component set ! Just trying to imrove it a tiny bit)

Abened

Andreaz
22-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Your error message depends on that you placed the " " on wrong places for example

-LEC:"\Delphi 7\Projects\Bpl"

it should be

"-LEC:\Delphi 7\Projects\Bpl" ( the C: is aswell part of the filename)

however i have fixxed that in the installation program, i had started changing it before release but forgot that i hadn't completed the changes. Dumb me :?

This installation program just don't like me :roll: .

The part of installing fmod.dll in the windows\system folder is actually above the "Manual Installation" section and thus applying both for the installer and the manual install :o . But when distributing your programs joy might add it in the program folder to avoid conflicting fmod versions. (it's the delphi ide want's to have it in the system folder).

What i said doesn't change my opinion on this cool component set ! Just trying to imrove it a tiny bit

Thanks, all help is appriciated, it's quite some work to update all demos an programs for each release, vey easy to miss some pieces (as you have noticed :D )

Abened
22-10-2003, 05:51 PM
In fact I wanted to tell that it's not written in the first step that you should add the fmod directory to the library (really not important ...).
I found another bug which happens with the Timer component : the frametime variable which I think should give the number of milliseconds between the 2 last frames doesn't. It shows the same thing as Timer.ElapsedTime which is the total time. It doesn't happen if Interval is 0 and I found the line causing the bug. It's in the GLTimer.pas , procedure AppIdle the last line

// Compensate for async GetTickCount;
IF FInterval <> 0 then FLastTime&#58;=FLastTime - FrameTime + FInterval;
I found that deleting those lines made it work but i didn't figured what it does exactly...
(This bugs explains why i've been moving so quickly in the Sound demo).
Hope you'll find an answer soon !

Abened

Andreaz
22-10-2003, 09:34 PM
That code is for compensating for frametimes when the timer runs, say you set the interval to 100 ms and a frame takes 110 ms then that row tells that next frame just shall take 90ms to get a average of 100ms/frame.

The bug is aperantly when you set the interval to a value below the max fps of the program (ex if 100 fps in app when inteval = 0 then max interval is 10 (1000ms / 100 fps)).

I'm currently working on a solution to the problem.

You might want to comment the line for now. Then the timer works as the one in the prew version.

amcom
16-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Help! Fatal error when install GLXTreem 2003-10-20 in Delphi 6 :cry:

>>> [Fatal Error] GLXRegister.pas(22) File not found 'GLXMaterial.dcu'

Andreaz
17-11-2003, 10:06 AM
How do you do when installing ? Hard to sat othervise what's wrong. You might wont to try open the dpk for delphi 7 if you want, I might have forgot to update the D6 one.