PDA

View Full Version : DirectShow Tutorial

bjrtap
28-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Hello People,

sorry didn't find better place to ask for this question:
Is there a tutorial on the web on how to play a movie file
in DirectShow? Best would be with Delphi.

Thanks

Harry Hunt
28-10-2003, 03:34 PM
Follow the link at the bottom of this post. My game development kit comes with a direct show component (source included) that is very straightforward.

Edit: Hab' nicht gesehen, dass du auch aus Deutschland kommst :roll:

bjrtap
28-10-2003, 04:03 PM
ok ich probiere ihn mal aus danke!

bjrtap
28-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Merci vielen Dank die lAĴ§uft echt super!

Clootie
28-10-2003, 08:45 PM
DSPack on http://www.progdigy.com - OpenSource set of Delphi DirectShow components.

bjrtap
29-10-2003, 06:20 PM
ok another question:
I establish the fullscreen mode by UndelphiX component- os that i do not have to switch back to normal and then back to fullscreen.
Question is:

How can I hide the cursor in the Fullscreenmode ? (Xcessgdk)
form1.cursor := crNone doesnt work!

Thanks

Crisp_N_Dry
29-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Try

ShowCursor(False)

but make sure you put a

ShowCursor(True)

when the program closes. But they must be used in equal measures.

e.g if you use ShowCursor(False) 5 times (Not sure why you would do this but still), you must use ShowCursor(True) 5 times also.

EDIT Just checked whether the ShowCursor(True) thing must be used in equal amounts as False, but it seems they don't despite the documentation saying that this must happen. In fact, from what I can work out, you don't need to use ShowCursor(True) at all. It cursor reappears when the app is closed. Weird, anyone shed some light on this?

Clootie
29-10-2003, 09:10 PM
It cursor reappears when the app is closed. Weird, anyone shed some light on this?Why you are so surprised? It's a proberty of the GOOD OS - it has to isolate problems/bugs of single apptication from others apps.